𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 31: 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐜𝛐𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝛐 𝐜𝛐𝐝𝐞 17

"𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 a dumb fucking idea," Tony laughed, louder than normal, as he grabbed onto Jo's shoulder. Their faces were close, both seeing how their pupils were swallowing their eyes.

"Shut up," she laughed back and slapped his cheek, not hard, but enough to get her point across.

Jo opened up the door to the house. The door wasn't locked, to the surprise of no one. The two of them sneaked inside. A man snoring could be heard. He was lying on the couch in the living room. The TV was running in the background, but there wasn't any other sound.

"You sure he's got a stash?" Tony whispered, and she rolled her eyes. Her heart was pounding in her, the adrenaline running wild.

"Yeah, Good ol' Pads over there probably got high and fell asleep." She sneaked closer, breath hitching as she looked over the back of the couch.

The man's long brown hair was swimming and messier than she had ever seen it. There were still two lines of wonderful snow on the table. Jo gleefully slapped Tony's shoulder, pointing out the lines, and he grinned widely. He put his finger to his lips, telling her to stay quiet. She rolled her eyes.

More beer bottles than she could count were on the counter. This was such a dumb idea. She moved forward. Glass bottles clattered together at her feet. She had accidentally pushed them. The man stirred. Tony ducked down behind the couch.

"Shit!" She hissed out, self-directed anger rushing out. Her hand landed over her mouth, more frustrated at the sound. Pads stayed asleep. A relieved sigh left her, and Tony peeked out behind the couch.

Jo made sure she looked at the floor this time around as she walked forward. The coffee table had a few different bags. Needles were littered around, along with small glass cases. None of those was what she was going for. She took a step closer. Hiding wasn't an option if Pads woke up. Her breath turned shallow as she spotted the bag. It was larger than what he sold her last time. Much larger. Jo snatched it up, walking backwards.

"See, easy," she whispered to Tony, whose eyes went wide.

"That's so much fucking coke," he gleefully said, glancing over to the couch.

She put her finger up to her lips and pointed back towards the door. If he was high enough to fall asleep with lines still on the table, he might think he had just done it all by himself. Jo didn't care anyway. Tony led the way out of the house.

She closed the door behind them while he made sure no one saw them. Tony waved her forward, and she grabbed another dog treat from her pocket. Jo led the way past the doghouse, and the Rottweiler started growling again.

"Hey, buddy. Come here, King," she whispered and got down on her knees.

The so-called guard dog was just too friendly. The growling stopped, and the Rottweiler started wagging its tail, coming closer by the sound of a familiar voice. She threw the dog treat on the ground and rubbed the dog's head. It took it immediately, giving a pleased growl, and Jo waved Tony to walk past her. They jumped over the fence and soon enough, they were out on the streets of the city.

"Dude, that was so fucking easy!" Jo laughed and licked her finger, sticking it into the powder of the bag. She rubbed it on her gums, giving it a little quality test of her own.

"Fuck buying shit! Stealing is that easy!?" Tony cackled and grabbed the bag from her. He shook some out onto the side of his hand and ran his nose across it, snorting it up and then dragging his tongue over the spot.