𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 41: 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝛐𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭

𝐉𝛐 𝐜𝛐𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝛐𝐜𝐮𝐬 on the TV in the room for the life of her. The conversation that her friends were having was the same. All she could do was drown her thoughts in beer. Bucky had gone upstairs after talking to his dad on the phone, and now, she was sitting on the couch with an impatiently bouncing leg and those two words echoing in her mind. Atta girl.

How could something so simple drive her that crazy? At least an hour had gone by, and it was still stuck in her mind without a chance of leaving. This was worse than all the other times he had inhabited her mind. What was she supposed to do with herself? Most days, she was the last person to head to bed, and it wasn't even midnight yet. Tony was definitely catching on. Deep down, he probably knew, but he didn't want to acknowledge it.

Fuck. She could practically feel him breathing down her neck. Maybe she still had time to tell everyone before they figured it out. The conversation at dinner had been so fucking far from sly. God, just the thought of dinner, and it was like she could feel his fingers inside her again. That was twice in one day she'd been left hot and bothered.

"Jo, you look tired," Wanda said, widening her eyes just the smallest amount, so she was the only one able to pick up on it. She understood it immediately. Thank fuck for Wanda.

"Yeah, I think it's just the down after last night," she replied with a convincing sigh.

"What'd you end up taking?" Tony asked, watching her carefully.

"Something Randy gave me. I dunno what it was," she mumbled and yawned. "Do you mind if I head up for tonight?"

"You gotta do what you gotta do," Pietro said and shrugged. "Better to save up some energy for tomorrow, too."

Jo nodded and folded the blanket she had drawn over her legs and started slumping towards the entryway – some flavour couldn't hurt. She loudly yawned and turned around in the doorway.

"You're cool with celebrating Steve's birthday tomorrow?"

"Yeah, that's all good," Tony said.

"Right on," Pietro mumbled.

"Peace out," Wanda said and sent her a coy smile. Jo had to buy her a gift or something for being such a great friend.

She hopped up the stairs as quickly as she could without making a noise. The door to her room was open, and the lights were on. Bucky was sitting on her bed with a book in his hands. He didn't look up at her when she closed the door behind herself, locking it. Not even a hello sounded as she turned off the ceiling lights, leaving just the lamp on her bedside table as the only light.

Jo grabbed onto the bottom of her top, letting it fall to the floor, and then she stepped out of her shorts. Bucky still didn't say anything or even look in her direction, and she could feel her annoyance rising. How dare he? She looked good as hell. He was definitely doing it on purpose, and it was working too.

She crawled onto the bed while her own thoughts were betraying her. He looked so good, and her eyes locked to his lips as he carelessly licked them, making them glisten in the dim light. Jo had an idea as to what he might want, and she folded her legs beneath herself. Maybe she didn't have to do anything else, and he would start touching her again. She hoped so.

"James?" She purred and pushed down the book with two fingers. His eyes immediately rose to meet hers. Her throat dried out as she met with those ocean blue eyes.

"Yes?" He smirked and put a finger between the pages of the book as he carefully closed it. Her jaw tensed. She knew what he wanted. "I see." Bucky picked the book back up and continued reading.