𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 5: 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐝 𝛐𝐟 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧

𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝 of the Ivory House, Peggy and Steve were lounging around the glass table. With the number of years they had been together, it wasn't a surprise they acted like a married couple. Jo sent her sister a smile when she, Tony and Pietro passed them, but they didn't slip past her watchful eyes that easily.

"What's that?" Peggy asked, taking off her sunglasses and nodding towards the bowl.

"Just cherries." Jo nonchalantly shrugged and continued to walk across the grass. With the grins on all their faces, it was probably a good thing their backs were all Peggy could see.

"And you wouldn't happen to have gotten those from Mr Smith, would you?" Peggy called after them as Pietro thrust the bowl into Tony's chest and dramatically fell backwards into the tall grass.

"Of course not, Margaret!" Jo grinned as she laid down spread eagle in the grass and grabbed a handful of cherries for herself.

"Dude, I've been stoked to eat these the whole year," Pietro said, and he was watching the bowl with hungry eyes.

"Mr Smith seriously needs to chill," Tony added and grabbed a cherry. Peggy was far enough to where she couldn't hear them, and her attention was on her book anyway.

"Right on," Jo laughed and rolled over on her stomach. Her legs went up in the air and she mindlessly waved them back and forth. "The barf bag never eats them himself and they spoil. What a nightmare."

Pietro was throwing the cherries into his mouth, spitting out the centres and eating another before his mouth closed. She was starting to feel the prickling of the sun on her shoulders, but she didn't care enough to go inside. Only an hour or two of sunlight was left for the garden until the tall trees would cover too much.

"Maybe Mrs Smith is just a bluenose. I'd be a chump too."

Tony seemed almost contemplative at his own words, but then he cracked a grin and Pietro let out a chortle. Jo followed with her own giggle. The sound of someone walking through the grass made the three teenagers quickly shut up. Eating the fruits of their heist in silence was a better option.

"Jodie, what on earth have you done to your shorts?" Peggy's voice sounded, and Jo now remembered the cherry mush on her pants. Her stomach dropped and she got to her feet.

"Dude! My car!"

Jo sprinted up the porch, making Steve raise his eyebrows, but the two people left in the grass simply shrugged. She ran through the house, flinging open the front door, and only a second later, the car door got the same treatment.

She crouched down next to the leather seat, a wave of heat ramming into her from the inside. There was a clear stain on the seat, an almost exact print of her ass. Good thing it was black leather, but she didn't want cherry juice to seep into it. With the heat, that couldn't be a good thing.

Jo bounced up the steps again, jogging into the kitchen. Bucky was still on the phone, waving his hands around and what was once meant to be a nice button up shirt was pulled out of his pants and opened, showing off his toned muscles and the dog tags he always had hanging around his neck.

She didn't make her stare obvious as she grabbed a bowl and filled it with cold water, her mind was mostly preoccupied anyway. From the counter beneath the sink, she grabbed a towel too and some citrus soap to put in the water.

"Right... No, that was not the deal- I understand that, but if you look at the contract-" Bucky's voice kept arguing back and forth. Jo's eyebrows furrowed, watching as he heatedly ran his ring-donned fingers through his dishevelled hair. It was set perfectly just half an hour ago.