𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

CHAPTER FOUR
"King"
——

Rick, Maggie, Jane, Sasha, Carl, Michonne, Tara, Rosita, Daryl and Jesus meet with Gregory in his office at the Hilltop

Rick, Maggie, Jane, Sasha, Carl, Michonne, Tara, Rosita, Daryl and Jesus meet with Gregory in his office at the Hilltop. "No! No way in hell. That was not the deal" Gregory argues and Jane rolls her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest looking over at Maggie. "You people swore you could take the Saviors out, and you failed. So any arrangement we had is now done— null and void" Gregory states and Jane narrows her eyes at him as Gregory takes a seat in his office chair.

"I owe you nothing" Gregory states as he looks to Rick. "In fact, you owe me for taking in the refugees, at great personal risk" Gregory states and Jane scoffs and shakes her head. "I'm sorry? Who saved this place when walkers invaded it. That's right. Maggie, Sasha and me. You stayed in here like a little—" Jane argues as she steps towards Gregory but before she can get another word out Maggie grabs her arm holding her back.

"Gregory, we already started this" Rick states as he walks up to Gregory's desk. "We started it and we're gonna win" Rick assures. "These are killers" Gregory argues. "Is this how you want to live? Under their thumb, killing your people?" Rick questions, shocked that Gregory won't at least try and fight for his community. "Sometimes we don't get to chose what our life looks like. Sometimes, Ricky, you have to count the blessings you have" Gregory assures before Maggie steps up.

"Just tell us how many people can we spare? How many people here can fight?" Maggie questions and Gregory furrows his eyebrows. "We?" He asks and lets out a scoff after and Jane walks beside Maggie. "I don't even know how many people we have, Margaret" Gregory states and Jane wastes no time in punching Gregory right in the nose. "Maggie. It's Maggie or have you forgotten since the last time we told you?" Jane asks as Gregory lifts his head up while blood trickles down from his nose.

"What are you even gonna do? Start some platoon of sorghum farmers? Cause that's what we got. God! You didn't have to punch me!" Gregory shouts as he grabs his handkerchief out of his pocket and places it on his nose. "Listen, when people have the chance to do the right thing, they usually step up. I mean people just—" Tara defends before Gregory extends his hand. "Let me stop you before you break into song, okay?" Gregory states and Jane clears her throat ready to hit him again but Maggie places a hand on her shoulder.

"Who would train all this cannon fodder anyway?" Gregory asks and practically everyone volunteers. "Give me 2 days and they'll know how to shoot a gun and whip around a damn sword and I don't even know how to use one" Jane states as she crosses her arms over her chest. "Just— Would we be better off without the Saviors, yes or no?" Rick asks getting tired of the nonsense. "Yeah. Sure. Okay" Gregory agrees as he lays back in his chair wiping the rest of the blood from his nose.

"So, what will you do to fix the problem?" Michonne asks stepping in for Rick. "I didn't say we had a problem. You did and what happens outside of my purview is outside.. of my purview" Gregory states and Jane widens her eyes and looks around the group. "I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna kill him!" Jane shouts as she throws one of Gregory's figurines over at the wall making it shatter as it falls onto ground.