1 | a freak of nature

Authors Note:
This book contains immense spoilers from Spider-Man: No Way Home, so please read at your own discretion. I do hope you have watched the film before reading this as it will give contextual background to the character arcs and history.

Like always with my work, I do not place trigger warnings at the beginning of individual chapters as I find them a little bit like spoilers, so take this as one large trigger warning for the entire book to come.

It may involve the following themes: violence, blood, mentions and references to death, sex, masturbation, drugs, swearing, mentions and references of sexual harassment (not assault), detailed depictions of mental illness, or potentially more. For those of you who are familiar with my books, I will say that this book will be darker and heavier than my current work. I urge you to continue reading at your own choice.

This book and it's plot is not supposed to be written directly in relation to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I have altered plot lines in order to fit my vision; so basically this is not canon but hey, it could be if you really squinted and used your imagination to its fullest. This stems from the comics more than the movies, however it should make sense to all readers regardless. For the best clarity, I would recommend watching the latest Spider-Man trilogy starring Tom Holland and potentially the two Venom films starring Tom Hardy.

Love you all,
- T

Love you all,- T          

PETER PARKER

My past has become a large part of who I am, as it does for many people who succumb to it. Growing inside of me, my trauma stems from deep down in the pit of my stomach and grows up to my chest like a convoluted maze of spider webs, tangling its way around my heart and into my soul. They clouded my eyes when I started to see the world in a different light. They're bound around my feet when I find myself travelling to darker places than I have ever been before. And they shroud my thoughts so that whenever I find even the slightest hint of happiness, it's quickly overcome by the dark.

Carrying the burden of so many deaths on your shoulders at my age, and when you're saving a city every night is quite frankly god damn tiring. It's a fatigue that doesn't go away with a standard eight hour sleep. No no, it's a fatigue that trails behind me like a shadow or a brooding storm cloud over my head.

Seeing the sun set below the city's horizon and the sparse few stars in the sky begin to appear, I sighed to myself. This building wasn't particularly warm, but the taller apartment blocks around it sheltered me from the winter wind as I sat on the edge of the roof. Another sunrise turns into another sunset; just another fucking day I spend alone.

I don't know why I do this to myself, I don't why I'm compelled to check up on my old apartment in hopes that May would one day be sitting on the sofa watching her favourite shows. I guess if the blip allowed millions of the dead to appear after several years, maybe the multiverse could bring me another version of May. Maybe there's a May out there who has lost her Peter Parker and feels the same way I do.
Although she wouldn't be my May.