11 | a not so amicable break up

PETER PARKER

PETER PARKER

"Oh fuck... Oh my god, what the fuck Venom! H-how did you even get me to do that! Why did I... Why didn't I have any control back there?!" I said pacing back and forth across my living room, pulling at my hair and biting my bottom lip out of nerves.

I peeked behind my blinds to see if there were helicopters searching for me or red and blue flashes of police cars hunting me down. For all I know, I could be New York's most wanted criminal right about now. Normally I'd trust my tingle for these things but after tonight, how can I trust anything about myself anymore?

There could not be any witnesses

"They were innocent fucking people!" I exclaimed, trying not to freak out more than I already was. My heart was racing, my ears were pounding and my hands were shaking.

Innocent people holding guns?

"Innocent until proven guilty Venom! Our second amendment says we're allowed to own guns. They didn't do anything wrong!" I shouted, losing feeling in my body as I became more and more distraught.

Earlier tonight I had gone on a normal crime patrol in Hoboken. I did my usual scouting. I took down some standard perpetrators and I got Venom a few bars of chocolate to keep him going. Everything was running smoothly until we came across a group of men who had gotten into an altercation after a conversation gone wrong. One pulled a gun on the other, then three others pulled out their guns and I ended up jumping down shortly after to intervene.

Then something inside of me snapped. It was like someone had flicked the auto-pilot switch inside of my body and I was simply watching myself through the lens of my own eyes. I had no control over my body, I couldn't control my actions and I couldn't stop.

I watched the guns fly out of their hands via webs before I saw those same webs smash their faces into the brick wall adjacent to us. I watched my hands turn black along with the rest of my body, my skin appearing a similar consistency as Venom always looked. I felt myself grow taller, their faces grow fearful and I realised that the words I was saying, weren't coming out of my mouth. I was now the internal voice and Venom was speaking aloud.

I couldn't control Venom, I just watched through his eyes and saw these large talon like fingers rip one of the man's arms off his body like cracking a stick of celery in half. He dropped that man as quickly as he picked up the next, snapping his neck with ease before lifting him in the air above my- His- Our head. And he was gone just like that, he was eaten by Venom.

I don't know how any of this worked, I don't know why I couldn't feel my body and I don't know how I was conscious inside Venom. Perhaps Venom had just morphed my own body into this creature and I no longer had the dominating mind, I was just in the backseat watching the most gruesome murders of my life.