34 | a distinct memory like no other

Y/N  L/N

Y/N  L/N

As I woke up, I struggled to recollect my memories, because I don't remember falling asleep at all. In fact I don't remember anything past the point of being lifted up by a tall dark alien and having the breath squeezed out of me by its fist. Contrary to the morning sunrise, the abandoned factory I was held captive inside felt darker than anywhere I had been before. The windows were mostly boarded up with graffiti painted on both sides and the distinct smell of urine and damp mold filled the air. Though I presumed I was the only one here, the rapid beating of my heart was echoing in my ears.

I was hyper aware of my surroundings, the drips of old rainwater creating puddles on the cold cement ground, the musty smell wafting through the air. I saw the dust particles float in the streaks of sunlight pouring through the gaps of the wood covering the windows and the crisp cool temperature made goosebumps appear along my arms.

A muffled scrape of what sounded like a footstep echoed through the large room I was in, causing me to shuffle back along the ground on my butt, hands and feet. It wasn't until I was back to back with the wall behind me that I felt how fast my chest was rising and falling as I hyperventilated, staring into the shadows anticipating the alien to emerge from the black.

"Ple- Please help me..." a disheveled looking man stuttered as he limped towards me, falling to his knees several metres in front of me.

I couldn't find the words to say, nor use those words in a cohesive sentence to this poor man. I was a bumbling idiot trying to understand where he came from, if he was hurt, where the alien had taken him from and where that alien was right now.

"He- He's inside me," he cried, his hands shaking as I stepped back in shock.

"Who is? Who is inside you?" I asked worriedly.

"I don't want to hurt you, I- I'm so sorry," he sobbed, staring down at his hands as they appeared to turn black, with it growing up his arms.

Before my eyes the man turned from human to alien, growing tall above me in the figure of a man but not quite. It was much larger than a man, seven foot at least and it's limbs were much thicker. The aliens eyes were solid white without pupils and its large salivating mouth had rows of sharp shark like teeth.

"Oh how I missed you," it growled, getting down onto its knees in front of me as I backed myself into a corner and screwed my eyes shut.

I couldn't bare to look at it, I didn't want to watch it tear my limbs off before devouring my head like so many others in New York City before me. I was beyond shocked and surprised that it spoke English but it's spine chillingly deep voice shook me to my core.

As I held my knees to my chest and hugged them tightly in fear, I felt its wet sloppy tongue press against the side of my face and lick from my jaw to my temple.