end notes and shiz

LMAO LITERALLY NO ONE HAD A QUESTION SO

i cant tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing tbh

ANYWAY

This is just gonna be me talking about the development of the book 😏

The origin of this book is me watching a bunch of What Remains of Edith Finch playthroughs in rapid succession, I wanted a book told through flashbacks immediately, and a dead character gave me the perfect opportunity.

That only covers the "ghostly roommate" thing, though.

As for Remus being part of a gang?? That was kinda on the spot tbh.

I knew his backstory had to be interesting, or all the hype I had created would be for nothing, and I wanted him to have some sort of tragic backstory, so voila! Gang member Remus was born.

The reason Logan is the protagonist is cuz I had wanted my next book to be Intrulogical.

Ngl I didn't really like the direction this book went in the end. The romance was rushed, the deal Ms. Ågren gave Remus changed like 5 times during the writing process, I never even finished the storyboard, and Logan wasn't even in character for 90% of the book.

So, when I wrote the epilogue, I mostly felt relief. I'm finally done with this book. It's kinda crazy how long I've been working on it. I started it almost immediately after Magenta ended, and how long ago was that? More than a year!

There were, of course, breaks in updates. I just didn't have the motivation to keep working on the same story every single day.

All my best works begin with passion, and this one didn't.

Magenta, for example, started with a desire to explore a darker side of my imagination. My only books at the time were the Plagiarism series and The Snake in my Dreams, both lacking the edge I wanted.

But Boo wasn't born from a desire.

Boo was made out of obligation to you guys.

I wrote it because after Magenta, I felt like it was expected of me to keep going, to keep creating, even if I didn't have any ideas.

I guess that's my mistake. After all, one day, I'll stop. And then what?

Anyway, this isn't about me lmao.

Boo isn't exactly my favorite book, but I'm glad I made it. The journey was full of ups and downs, but I finished it, and that's what counts, right?

Six more books to go.

Yours,
The Author :)