9- How To Test A Nerd?

Carl's P.O.V.

What the hell is going on? Did something happened to the Earth?

"Anong meron?" Lingon kong tanong kayna Sam sa likod.

"Who knows?" Theo shrugged his shoulder.

"Ah......"

That oozing sound is coming from Jane. She's dozing off.

Theo and I were been both looking at her. She's falling asleep in the middle of the lectures. Her head can be obviously seen na nahuhulog dahil sa pagpipilit niyang makinig sa teacher. If she wasn't near us, siguro we would not notice it too, but there's one more crazy thing.

"Pfft! Haha-hmm."

Dare has been trying to not laugh this whole time.

Crazy, isn't it?

"Ano 'bang meron? Did something happened?" Theo once again complained.

"Shh, it's a good sign." Sam smirks with assurance. "If Dare is laughing, then it's probably because he's already winning."

"And you didn't saw it?" Alex broadly added.

"I know! Can't you not say it?! I'm desperate to know things but I missed it this time!"

I shook my head. He is being desperate again.

Bumalik ang focus ko sa teacher's discussion. In the corner of my eyes, I can still see how Jane's head fall off then back again, then a little, and lastly snaps. She's really sleepy. I can see how she tried to play it cool and denies the drowsiness, but still, no used.

"Pfft! Hahaha."

There's again the crazy guy at the back, killing himself with silent laughter.

These two goes with contradiction. If the other one is in a bad shape, the other one is joyously celebrating. Nagtataka na talaga ako kung bakit ako naandito when actually I'm just trying to study.

"Okay, any questions?" Our teacher asked.

A quick movement caught my eyes. Pipigilan ko pa sana si Dare, pero hinatak kaagad niya ang kamay ni Jane na nasa under her chin. I cursed, closing my eyes as a loud noise was created. Her hand slapped on her desk and it made a loud dug sound.

"Did you want to ask something, Jane?"

"Po?" She was confused but still manages to act with sense. Her eyes searches what her situation is. "Ah, ano po? Ah, may assignment po ba para bukas? Hindi ko po kasi nakinig 'yung part na iyun."

"No, we'll have quiz tomorrow."

Quiz. I shook my head again. I hate that term but now I have to hear it twice? This is insane. Never akong masasanay sa quiz routine ng school na 'to.

"Saan kaya?" My seatmate whispers. She's skimming the text book, trying to find the review pages. With no choice, I pulled mine near to her.

"You can copy this. The reviews are not in the book. The teacher only wrote it on the board." I said that while looking away.

"Thanks."

I felt my notebook got taken away. It was okay. She helped us with the activity yesterday, and got us a win, so I think I need to lend her this.

"Doll, don't forget to write it also here." Dare hands her his notebook.

Mula sa balikat dumulas ang notebook hanggang sa desk niya. She caught it before falling completely to the floor. Kinig na kinig kung paano siya huminga ng malalim sa inis. Wala namang salita ang lumabas. Kinuha lang niya ang notebook, hinampas sa desk bago nagsulat dun.