45- How The Nerd Missed The Contest?

Sam's P.O.V.

Today is the pageant day. It will be held later tonight, and final touches are being done. Everyone is getting crazy and ready for it. Some of our teachers don't even bother to teach at all. Girls have their heads flying, it'll be a waste of time since their conversation can crowd the classroom.

At times like this, I have my attention mostly to those who freaks out. Lots of girls tend to be stressing over little things or small details. It's fun to watch them.

This year is different. Two of my bro adds to participants. Carl is not new, he's winning every year. It's not something I would get excited about. Throwing some jokes and little embarrassing silliness content me, but not for him anymore. Theo and Dare are in too. I can't wait to embarrass them!

"Jane, did you receive L's gown? Okay na ba ang fit?"

Thea said a little out loud. She's been everywhere worrying about something. She's one of those who's freaking out. Though, Jane is the opposite. Someone smart like her would only be concern about studying. I don't think she wants to win like the other girls.

"Yeah, okay naman. Mas malapit ang style ko sa kaniya, pero too much pa rin para sa akin." She answered while not removing her attention to the homework. Eyes glued like she's not one of those who will compete later. Very relax, there's someone similar to her.

I shifted to my left, Dare is there, sitting fine. He's also observing the same person. He's new to pageant, that I never thought he'd be one, because he's so unattentively not worrying about whatnot's and what he needs to do or wear later. I think he's much concern about his Doll not having her so called borrowed dress.

"Too much? Pero 'yun na ang pinaka-simple, Jane!" Thea dramatically exclaimed. On her side, Mel grins with a smirk. An eavesdropping evil is sneaking. Hahaha, halatang may gagawin siya.

"Oo, pero okay na 'yun kesa sa wala. Bakit kasi madaming damit ang kailagan?"

"Hahaha, silly. May runaway for the best gowns, and we have to wear different gowns in every programs."

A lot of gowns? How the nerd can afford that?

Oh no, natatawa na ako. Wish her luck to not look cheap. I caugh a little to hide my laughter, Dare noticed me.

"What are you laughing at?" Curiosity strikes him for having miniscule smile.

"Nothing. Are you ready? Do you have all your suits already?" I set a little hint. He picks it up by looking at the nerd. His smile told me he also finds it funny that the nerd is borrowing clothes.

"They're been prepared. I asked my butlers then bam! All set. Hahaha, Hindi ko na kailangan ng preparation. I will win without doing anything." He laughs.

"Don't tell me you have a plan to only stand there? Dude, that'll be funny if you really win!"

Carl has done the same! Just a little talent, flash of smile, answer some stupid questions, and continuously walking got him winning every year! Maybe he could do that too! Their faces will make them win.

Where is this girl going?

My laughter stopped. Mel is suspiciously walking out.

"Bro, just a moment. I need to see something."

After I excused myself, I follow her outside. She is about to do something. She won't silently walk out kung wala. And I'm right, she stop near the stairs where no one is there. She's way too obvious. I let my back rest near the wall that hides me from her. She pulls out her phone.

"Chelo, I got it. I know what will you do later! I heard the nerd is having borrowed dresses, I need you to do something about it."

That's enough for me to pull out my phone. I can't let her play along with Dare and his Doll. Heck, even I, myself, can't butt in, so why would she?! I mean she could but she knows there's no such thing like secret, right? Recording will do.