44- How The Nerd Gets More Troubles?

Alex's P.O.V.

"That's the G major." I placed her fingers in a 'W' form, but they were in placed too early before I can even drop them in the keys. I've noticed this since yesterday.

It's only her third session with me teaching her, but she's advance already. Carl mentioned this before I even started teaching her. He said she has a knowledge for this, but he wants to know if she really knows how to. He is right though. She knows how to play the piano. Otherwise, I won't caught her bored most of the time.

"Hmm, okay. Ano na ang next?" Like earlier, she asked the same question again. Same words, same bored expression.

I moved my hand from hers. "You're bored? It's okay to take a break."

But that's not what she wants, she forced a smile— a fake one. She's very subtle to read. "Hindi, wag tayong tumigil. Malapit na ang contest oh, baka hindi kaagad ako matuto."

"Are you scared of Carl because you won't be able to play this piece like what he wants?" I put on a gentle smile. Her lips immediately curve downwards after exhaling, looking tired.

"Ewan, ayaw ko lang nitong contest in general."

I laughed. "Can you not waste more time for this?"

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?"

"Why do you have to waste time to something na ayaw mo?" I gave a slight nod, not tensing her. "I know you can play. Let's not waste time."

Shyly her gaze diverts away. She scratched the back of her head. She knows she's been caught. "Kunti lang, pero sakto na ang alam ko para sa tutugtugin namin. Okay na ako sa notes. Sorry, pati ikaw naabala."

"It's fine. What you want to do now?"

It's an hour before dismissal. All contestants are preparing, excuse sila. Including Jane. For Carl, he switched with me. It's for their talent performance so I agreed. I have nothing to do anyways. And like I said, I'm not one of those goody shoe smart student. I only happened to be smart but it doesn't mean I want to be in every class.

"Puwede tayong may gawin na iba, pero wag mong sasabihin kay Carl, ha? Seriyoso kasi siya about sa lesson ko dito. Baka kabahan siya kung malalaman niyang hindi mo pala ako tinuturuan."

I laughed at how she displayed her not-so-sure relief and worries. She's happy to know she can do anything with her free time but worried about that I would tell it to Carl. That's funny.

"Sure, I won't say anything."

"Okay, maglaro na lang tayo dito. Marunong ka bang mag-guitara?" She picks up one. The way it clings on her body, I didn't expect that she knows how to play that too. Just how many instruments she can play?

"Hindi. I only focus on piano when I was a kid. I didn't get a chance to play other instruments. Ikaw, when did you learn that?"

"Umm, nung bata rin ako." She said that looking so focus on the chords. She made a scale sounds, and it was fast like a real pro. After a couple scales, she starts to play more. "Alam mo 'to?"

I nodded. "Stay."

"Yeah, by The Kid Laroi." And she plays more distinctly. The guitar, itself, sounds it's producing every lyric. I'm so amaze. There's no girl I know who can play like this. There's Dare and Kelly who are genius in playing guitar but I never saw them having the same passion like how she looked at it right now. Enjoy lang siya ang every second. How can I teach her if she's much better than I am?

A cheeky smile starts to form in her lips. Light vibe and genuine mood of her own world surrounds her. Jane doesn't looked Jane. Hindi ko nakikita ang nerd na sinasabi nila. She is not the shy girl from the first time she walked here. She's not the Doll that Dare fought with in the slimed floor. Hindi siya 'yun sa nakikita ko ngayon. She's different now.