Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Lost soul

"Run!"

"Get the children!"

"My house!"

"Yes, more. Louder. I want to hear more of it. The joy of hearing others pain. I need more."

As a massive red orb traverse above the land, the heat from it was enough to trigger fire on houses and trees. Villagers living in distant villages were running around as the fire on their houses spreads like wildfire. On the ground right behind him, his sister Nezuko along with two guards are chasing after him on horses.

"Onii chan!"

"We need to get in front of him. That's the only way to get to him." Zenitsu deduced

"Look out!" Inosuke shouted

As they were riding underneath the trees, the forest fire had caught up and burning debris are now falling on top of them. They dodges all the falling branch and trees in their path and managed to get in front of the fire again.

"At this rate, we'll never get to him!" Inosuke shouted

"If that the case, maybe I should do it. Hop on our horse Inosuke!" Zenitsu commands

"What?! No way!" Inosuke refused

"Do it or get left behind. Your choice."

".......Alright. Fine!"

Inosuke stood on his horse and jumped onto Zenitsu's horse sitting behind Nezuko. Zenitsu leans forward to stroke the neck of his steed.

"Hold on tight princess." Zenitsu simply said

"Thunder magic: Thunderbolt dash."

Suddenly, arc of yellow lightning came out of the man and the horse itself. Both of them had their eyes turned white as Zenitsu grits his teeth. Within a split of a second, they travel exactly one kilometre from where they started and now the orb is right behind them.

"Right, now we're in front of it!" Zenitsu looked back

"What now genius?!"

"Onii chan!" Nezuko yelled

.

Tanjiro's POV

"Onii chan!"

Scream. Louder. Let these voices in my head be drowned by it. I have lost everything I care about. Now I see the true world beyond those walls. The cruelty of humanity. Its not the demons that changed them, its already inside all of us.

Tanjiro, don't be like this

Its too late father. My vision is already tainted with the horrors of this world.

Onii chan. Don't do this.

Hanako, Shigeru. Forgive your big brother.

My prince, this is not who you are.

Wan san. If this is not who I am, then who will I be?

Tanjiro.

Shut up! Listen to those who are in despair. Isn't it beautiful? Music to my ears, oh yes.

"Onii chan!"

The same voice again, unlike the others. A girl perhaps? Who is she calling to? Doesn't matter now. I want them to see what the world is truly made out of.