talking to dad

it was a week till the wedding and in the past week a lot had happened. i found out tonks was pregnant and became the unborn childs godmother, remus had been informed and as first he was terrified but now he was excited. all the wedding invites had been sent out and most had responded saying that they could attend. mrs weasley was panicing about everything.... she was worried that nothing was good enough. the ministry was under attack by death eaters and every thing was set for collecting harry in two days.

even more than that had happened.... and yet i was still to find my wedding dress.

right now i was visiting my dad who i now saw often in the hope of rebuilding our relationship. i held a cup of tea in my hands as i sat opposite my dad who looked at me carefully.

"you've grown up, gotten more and more beautiful" he said. i smiled.

"thanks." i pushed some hair behind my ear as the akward silence became more deafening.

"how's the wedding planning going" he asked trying to create conversation.

"good but molly's getting really stressed and i still need to find a dress." i told him and he nodded.

"have you got someone to walk to own the aisle" he asked

i instantly felt bed.... i had forgotton about my father when considering who to ask to walk me down the aisle... at the time i had chosen it was between my uncle, remus, and my godfather, sirius. i chose sirius and not my father.

i bit my lip akwardly and tried to think of something to say. but i had to tell him the truth. i can't believe i never considered him and his feelings.

"ummm.... yeah, i asked sirius. i'm sorry i..." i started to appologise but he cut me off.

"its fine. i didn't expect you to ask me... we haven't exactly been close these past few years." he said.

"no but i should of...." i was yet again cut off.

"don't worry" he said.

the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. i finished my drink and stood up. he followed my actions and put our mugs in the sink before once again facing me.

"i better go... i have wedding planning to finish. i can't leave fred to do the cake testing or we'll end up with a sky high chocolate cake" i said.

"oh okay... just wait here a moment." he said.

he rushed from the room and he came back in with a large carbord box labled 'amos give this to jadee before she gets married'. he passed me the box with a sad smile on his face.

"i was looking through your mothers stuff the other day and i found this. she asked me to put it in our wardrobe and told me, 'if i don't survive please give this to jadee and for heavens sake keep your dirty mitts out'. i found it and thought i should give it to you today. you know she would've been so proud of you." he said, tears rolling down his cheeks. i nodded and hugged him.

i grabbed the box, waved and apperated out.

-----

i sat in my room looking at the book. i had been like this for over an hour and i finally decided to open the box. at the top of the box sat a letter. i unfolded the crisp white paper and began to read.

-jadee,

if you are reading this letter it means your are getting married and i am no longer here. i just know that i am looking down on you and feeling proud that you are my daughter. inside this box is all the wedding things that i should be helping you to plan your wedding with so i have left you with it so i can in a way still help you do so. there are bridal magazines, colour swatches and anything you need. inside you will also find your grandmothers necklace that i also wore at my wedding and i would like you to do so too and my wedding dress to give to an idea of what i would have picked.

i love you my beautiful baby,

mummy x-

as i wipped my tears away i pulled out the wedding dress. it was perfect....

i guess i just found my dress.