a letter and a dragon

jadee

I miss you and Cedric lots. I wish you were here now. good luck tomorrow, dad's proud of both of you, as am I.

love Leo.

I probably haven mentioned Leo before, I guess he just never came up. he is mine and Cedrics baby brother. your probably wondering how that could be be as my mum died when I was younger. he's adopted, and he does know but we treat him as if he were blood.

let me tell you about him, he is 10 and already reading up for hogwarts next year. he's really smart for his age and dad thinks he'd make a good ravenclaw, but he's also loyal and kind like a true hufflepuff. he has blonde hair like mine and his hazel eyes matched ceds. he looks like a diggory.

i was thinking about home when a pair of hands covered my line of vision. "let me see, the only person that does this to me is hope." i said. hope lovegood is my best friend. she is the cousin to luna lovegood and she had a 4 year old sister called lola.

"the one and only. it's easy to find you the waksperts like you" she said. one thing you should know about hope is that she's a true lovegood. in looks and personality.

"oh yeah they are everywhere " i humoured her.

"ah yes they make your brain go fuzzy. " she said

"yeah, do they affect dragons? " i asked

"fraid not jadee, dragons have a very high tolerance. why " she asked dreamily

"no reason, just curious"

"okay well good luck for tomorrow " she said before skipping away to the castle. she maybe a bit of a daydreamer but she's a pure ravenclaw.

-----

i paced the tent. in a few minutes I would face my dragon. I am second to face it, cedric went first. I was going to face the Welsh green and while it may seem simpler than the others it was pure fire especially when it had baby's.

I walked out into the stadium and kept my attention on the dragon, tuning out the roar of the crowd. I knew exactly what to do, when fire came my way I either flipped over in or rolled under it. beaxbatons taught me gymnastics and how to be agile. I got up to the nest, shrunk the egg, put it in my pocket and made a rock explode behind the dragon. it was distracted and i made it back to the tent unharmed.

at the end of the tornement dumbledore spoke out. " in first place, harry potter for quickest timing, second place for originality and being unharmed is jadee diggory, third place cedric diggory and finally viktor krum."

i was second place! yessssss!