Ch-23 The first task

Im in my third week of year four and I'm about to go fight a dragon. Three weeks ago if someone told be id be fighting a dragon this year, id have an endless amount of questions.

Right now, Harry, Cedric, Fleur, Victor and i are all waiting in a tent outside of the dragon fighting arena.

"Are you ready for this?" Harry asked.
"Nope, definitely not. What about you?" I replied.

"Cmon, we're both gonna do just fine, ill find a broom and you have your wand, you're amazing at spells." Said Harry, trying to brighten to mood.

"Alright, gather around champions, gather around." Scurried Crouch.

"Alright, the game makers only assigned us four Dragons because we usually only have three champions and we have an extra dragon just in case. So, after Harry Potter fights his dragon, another egg will be placed in the arena. But you will both fight the same Dragon." He explained.

Well thats a relief for me. If Harry manages to beat the shit out of the dragon then my egg should be easy to get.

Once we all got assigned our dragon, I noticed that Harry's looked the scariest. It was covered in spikes from head to tail while the others just looked like normal dragons.

"Alright Mr. Diggory, you will go fight your dragon at the sound of the canon." Said Crouch.

Seconds after he explained that, the cannon went off. I was going to wish Cedric good luck but i was more worried about Harry and myself.

As everyone left to defeat their dragons, we where the only ones not aloud to watch. I heard very loud crashing during Cedric's followed by cheering. I assume he got the egg. That was fast, only took about twenty minutes.

Victor and Fleurs dragons where more calm, probably cause they're dragons where a lot less harsh.

I had so much anxiety when Harry went. He was out there for over an hour. I sat in the tent alone, sweating. My leg was bouncing and my hands where shaking like crazy.

Suddenly, it went quiet. I couldn't hear a sound from Harrys dragon. Dammit. The only way to know whats going on out there is through sound.

Maybe I should peak out of the tent. I looked to see if Crouch was watching me. He wasn't, the coast was clear. I quickly stammered over to the edge of the tent and lightly opened one of the curtains.

The dragon was gone. So was Harry. What the hell, did they fly away? The crowd was even silent too.

I moved away from the curtain before i got caught.

Suddenly the crowd burst into cheer and applause.

Relief filled my stomach. That felt good. Harry's obviously okay and has the egg. Then, the canon went off.

Fuck! Its my turn. I was so worried about Harry I forgot that i'm in this tournament too.

After taking a deep breathe, i walked out into the arena. The second I stepped foot inside, 70 percent of the audience burst into cheer and applaud.

But I didn't really care about that.

It took me a second to notice that the dragon wasn't there. What the hell? Wheres the fucking dragon? Did Harry kill it? If Harry killed it then i get a free pass.

I saw the egg, it was only meters away from me. But wheres the goddam dragon? I don't understand.

I need to risk it. I very slowly walked over to the egg, pulling my wand out incase the Dragon mysteriously appears.

I picked up the egg. What the fuck do i do now?

My dragons gone. I just have to walk through the door. I must look so fucking stupid right now.