Ch-38 Does it hurt?

I got invited to go to the Quidditch tournament by quite a few people, and i told all of them I'd go. Not only that but I promised Blaise I'd be there to cheer him on since he's been excited to be a new beater all year.
Am i a bad friend for not going? Probably. But my mental health was to bad so I decided to sleep instead. Someone told me that Slytherin lost by a lot of points anyway so it wouldn't really matter if i went. Apparently Ron was on liquid luck which was why they did so well.

I woke up this morning looking just as dead as i have every single day this year. I honestly stopped caring about my appearance ever since winter begun.

"Your already going with someone?" Harry asked Hermione. I hadn't really been paying attention to their conversation until they started speaking loud.

"Um, its a surprise. Whatever just go with Luna or Cho or someone." Hermione replied.

"Wait whos going where with who?" I asked, not having a clue what was going on.
"Mara, the party tonight. Remember? You promised me you wouldn't bail." Hermione explained.

"Yeah, i think I'm gonna bail." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"No Mara you cant. You already bailed on the quidditch game yesterday and you've been very depressed the last few months so you need some fun." She suggested.

"Im not really into fun right now."

"Well, who would you want to go with?" Hermione asked. I know shes trying to help me but i really, genuinely didn't want to go.

"No one. I don't like anyone." I replied, coldly.

"Okay. But you cant just go alone, thats-"

"Hermione, I appreciate the help but i really don't think ill be going." I interrupted, feeling bad seconds after. Why am i such an asshole. Shes only trying to make me feel better.

"Actually. Ill go, fuck it." I decided.

Hermione smiled, a type of happy smile that I hadn't seen on her in a while.

"You can just go with Blaise as friends. He's invited, Slugorn adores him." Harry added.

I thought that was a great idea until I remembered that Blaise probably hates me cause i missed his game. I haven't talked to him or Draco all day or yesterday.

When i went back into the Slytherin common room to talk to Blaise he didn't have an angry look on his face surprisingly. He looked more sad and lonely. After all he was alone sitting there.

"Blaise, are you okay?" I asked, sitting next to him on the floor. Not sure why he wasn't sitting on the couch like a normal person. He nodded.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked.
"No, why would i be mad at you." He replied.
"Because I didn't go to your game yesterday."

"Oh. It's whatever. By the way, do you wanna come to the party with me? We're the only two Slytherins invited so might as well." He offered before i could.

After agreeing i went up to my dorm to get ready. Maybe I'll feel better if i make myself look more alive and feminine.

I put on a little bit of makeup, curled my elbow length, dark brown hair, and looked through my closet to find a dress. As i was scrolling through my dresses i found a rather familiar one. It was the dress i wore at the Yule ball.

The memory of that day shot into my head.

I was having such a great night until Pansy put a love potion on Draco which made him kiss her. But then when everyone left I stayed there with Draco, leaning my head on his shoulder looking like a mess from all the crying from that night. But he comforted me anyways. And i comforted him.