Ch-25 The Yule Ball

The Yule ball is tonight. And I couldn't be more disappointed. Cedric still hasn't ask me to go with him.
I know he doesn't have anyone yet, I keep asking him. We've been talking about the ball together a lot so I don't understand what i need to do.

"Ms. Potter are you paying attention?" Scolded Snape.
"Oh yeah. Sorry Severus." I replied, as Draco and Blaise giggled.

"Thats Professor Snape to you, i will not have this conversation again."

I rolled my eyes, hoping he didn't see. Then rested my chin back on the table like i was doing before. I've been so exhausted the past few days. I've been up most nights thinking, and this morning i woke up with huge eye bags.

"Potter!" Whispered Draco who sat at the table next to me. He had a note in his hand that he reached over to give to me.

"Not now!" I whispered back, not wanting to get in trouble by Snape again.

Then something hit my head and fell on the floor. Draco through the goddam note at me.

I picked it up and unfolded it.

"Has Diggory asked you yet?" Said the note, in Draco's neat hand writing.

I dipped my feather in a bowl of ink and wrote back:
"No. You where wrong."

And through it back at him. Folding my face into my arms on my table. I don't know if it's something about winter which it probably is. But i always feel so drained around this time.

I heard everyone standing up and leaving class. I looked up to see Blaise and Draco, leaving class with out me. I got up and ran towards them, nearly tripping over from dizziness.

"Thanks for waiting for me, assholes." I joked.
"To be completely honest, i thought you where sleeping." Said Blaise.

"Well then wake me up."

"No way. Last time i woke you up during class, you jolted awake and punched me in the face."

"Whatever, I'm still mad at you guys for not asking Pansy out to the dance."

"Why would we want to ask her out?" Complained Draco.
"Cause it would be hilarious!" I replied.

"Well, i'm still going with Aurélie Dumont." Said Blaise.
"Who's that?" I asked.

"She's from Bow-battons."

"No fucking way. Blaise got with a Bow-battons girl!" I cheered, jumping up and down like a little kid.

"And you both said I couldn't do it so suck on that!"

"Whatever. Draco, who did you ask?"
"No one yet. Everyones fucking taken." He replied.

I really wish i knew the way i felt about Draco. Im not really sure what is it but its like i saw sparks the day he said he was gonna ask me. But that really doesn't make any sense. He's my best friend, thats all.

Suddenly, i saw Cedric's friends pushing him towards me as they all giggled.

"Mara, can i speak with you privately?" He asked.

Oh my god- oh my fucking god. Is he gonna do it? Finally, it's about time. Talk about last minute.

Ced and I walked away from everyone and snuck into a small corner.

"Do you wanna g-"
"Yes." I interrupted. He smiled.

"You didn't let me finish." He giggled.
"I knew what you where gonna say, and the answer is yes." I replied.