Chapter 24: Ashley's Introduction

Ellie sat outside a small cafe on the cruise ship with what was probably her fifth glass of motor oil. How did she get motor oil? Well, she wouldn't stop bothering the crew members until they finally went to the back and got some that they used for the engines just so they could get her to go away. She scared the shit out of them.

Apparently motor oil worked as alcohol for robots, which Ellie wasn't aware of, so now she was just drunk as fuck. A sad drunk at that.

Thankfully Boyd was with Gyro and Gloria so he wasn't around to see her being such a shitty influence.

In front of her were a shit ton of kids menus, all of which had drawings of her stabbing Mark all over them. Classy. But they were very good pieces of artwork if that made it any better. It didn't matter in the end because she just ended up balling the pieces of paper and chucking them at people until she got bored. That's when she settled on laying her head down on the table and just chilling like that. She wanted to get more kids menus, but she was too drunk to even know where the door to the cafe was. And it was literally right next to her.

Eventually Ellie noticed that a girl sat down next to her at the table. She tapped Ellie's shoulder. "Hey, are you alright?" Based on the motor oil on the table and the scattered drawings of murder scenes, one would guess that she wasn't.

"No. Now fuck off." Damn. Someone was out of character.

The girl just sat there and laughed. "Ummm..." She opened up a wrinkled drawing that was thrown her way earlier. It was a drawing of Mark being dismembered. Blood everywhere. Ellie went through about five red crayons in the span of minutes. "Is this yours?"

Ellie didn't need to look at her to know what she was holding. "Not anymore. I threw it at people for a reason. But sadly paper isn't strong enough to make people stumble overboard."

She nodded. "Yeah. You'd have to use a bat or something..." She continued. "Well anyways I just figured I should give it back to you. It's a really nice drawing by the way. This might sound weird, but it reminds me of Ted Bundy or John Wayne Gacy shit. Pretty brutal stuff, but interesting."

"Aye, my boi Teddy! Love that guy!" Ellie was too drunk to even appreciate the fact someone else was interested in serial killers. She crumpled up the paper the girl returned and chucked it at an elderly person. "Now is there anything else you fucking want? I'm not going to buy you a drink because I'm fucking broke as shit!"

She laughed again. "No no I'm not asking for a drink I just wanted to talk. I also didn't catch your name and-... are you drinking motor oil?" She just realized that there was fucking oil in a glass! "That's pretty hardcore. Don't die."

Ellie ignored the question about her name because she honestly couldn't even remember what it was. "Pffffffttt, NO! Who drinks motor oil? That's fucking nuts man. This is just normal alcohol, bitch!" She may have been out of her mind, but she had enough sense to want to keep the whole robot thing on the downlow thanks to Mark. Though the motor oil definitely made it pretty fucking suspicious. Whatever.

She looked back at the motor oil again. "If you say so... If it isn't oil then that is the strongest drink I have ever smelled." She looked back at Ellie again. "Oh. My bad. My name is Ashley by the way."

"I didn't ask."

"Well someone's in a mood... What happened? Heartbreak?"

Ellie finally lifted her head off the table and gave Ashley a confused look. "Have you been stalking me?" Her question was serious.

Ashley laughed "No, but based on that question I'm going to assume that I'm right about the heartbreak thing. I'm sorry to hear it."

"It was that fucking Mark Beaks dude. You know the one. Famous billionaire in charge of Squabble or whatever." Ellie meant Waddle. "He thinks he's soooo special. But he's a little bitch! Leaving me to raise a kid on my own and shit." Gyro didn't count as a parent in her mind.