Chapter 43: Early Drinking

Past Gloria sat by herself in front of the Margaritaville waiting for it to open. It was really early in the morning and no sane person would think about drinking at this time of day. The sun was rising and everything. However, all Margaritavilles have to open up early because this is Florida we're talking about here. Old Floridian retirees need their Jimmy Buffett shots. No one wanted to sit and wait for Margatiaville to open with her. Oh well. She figured it was their loss because she knew she was going to meet Jimmy Buffett today. Her lord and savior. Her hero.

Soon enough, at exactly 7:30, Heidi walked up to open the place up herself, though they didn't start serving until 8:00. She didn't even notice Gloria sitting there.

"Hey again! It's Heidi, right? I came here super early to make sure that I see my boy Jimmy." Homegirl was dedicated and running on two hours of sleep. She was going to buy some Jimmy Buffett merch in the gift shop today, too.

Heidi jumped before looking around confused, finally settling her eyes on Gloria who was smiling like a crazy woman. She smiled back awkwardly.

"Um... heeeeyyy there." To be honest, Heidi didn't remember Gloria at all. She served too many people to pay attention. "Jimmy doesn't show up until 9:00 but I guess you can come in." She held the door open for her.

"Thanks!" Gloria walked in "I know you're trying to work so I'll stay out of your way." She sat down in the same booth that her and the Glomsquad sat in yesterday. Yes. She was literally going to sit there for an hour and a half for Jimmy. She needed to get more hobbies.

"Eh," Heidi waved her off. "I'm just supposed to make sure everything is up to health and safety regulations but I don't really care so I just drink before this shit show opens. You want a margarita or something?"

"Oh hell yeah!" Gloria got up again and followed Heidi to the margarita machines. "So how does it feel to work for Jimmy Buffett?! Must be fun!"

"It'd feel great if he gave me a raise. Out of all the Margaritaville's in the country, I don't see why he feels the need to run this specific one when he isn't on tour." Heidi handed Gloria her drink. Some chefs were entering the restaurant as they spoke. "You're kinda a freaky fan, aren't you?"

Gloria already chugged half of the margarita Heidi just made for her. "No, I wouldn't call myself a freaky fan! Just a fan! Jimmy Buffett's music, Ratatouille, and margaritas are what keep me going in life." Gloria said that as a joke but it's kinda sad that it's true.

Heidi laughed. "That's a bit depressing. But the only thing that keeps me going is my sick ass motorcycle. I can't leave that paint job behind." She sat beside Gloria at the bar, handing her another drink as she had her own. "Oh wait a sec. I recognize you. You were with that freakshow of a group yesterday! The one with Mark Beaks and the robots!" She paused. "Wait... are you famous too? ...Oh my god, I'm so sorry."

"No no" Gloria laughed "I'm not famous. I don't know why I always end up hanging around Mark Beaks but I always do. I don't know why you offered to do a free photoshoot for him though. The guy is loaded! He should have offered to pay you but he's an asswipe of a person."

"Pft. Please. As nice as money is, it's just an object. I honestly just want to give him a photoshoot to say I did. I mean, come on, now that's a story! Plus it would look good on my photography portfolio." Heidi was munching on the salt on the side of her margarita like a crazy person while she spoke. "What's your name? I'm Heidi, but you already know that."

"It's Gloria. You'll probably be seeing a lot of me until we figure out how to get home. This Tampa trip was a little... unexpected. So it'll take us a few days to figure out how to get back to California."