Chapter 41

Hey everyone! I'm considering making a YouTube channel! What this means is y'all would be able to comment any questions (SFW please - don't wanna get banned - about any books or my life and I'll create a short answering). Obviously if the answer will contain spoilers I won't answer lol. Idk if I'll show my face (might not), but I'll figure something out. Let me know if that's something you'd be interested in. Also I know this chapter is late sorry! I've had these strange headaches all weekend and couldn't think straight.

Mature content ahead.
———————————————————————————

Elliana

Having all of Demi's siblings around was a change. Strangely enough for me, I didn't feel awkward around so many people. It felt exactly as it was: they were family. Ayla and Jericho clearly adored each other. Ayla played her part of the oldest very well. She would often be the first one awake to make breakfast for her other adult siblings as if they were young children...and needed to eat human food.

The triplets, Sterling, Americk, and Avan, were sometimes difficult to tell apart. Although they didn't look completely the same, their personalities were quite similar. Sometimes Americk would ask me a question and I would answer, only to have Avan comment on my answer. Sterling was the quietest out of the three.

Larissa talked to me the most. She reminded me of Lana, which put me at ease. Demi always stayed with me even though I had assured her that I would be alright if she wanted to go catch up with the others. The only time that she left me alone was when she was in the shower or whatnot and that was exactly when Davina found the opportunity to come speak to me.

I was very surprised when she walked into my room and tried not to look too anxious. I couldn't deny that I had been avoiding her. I got the feeling that she didn't exactly want to be here. The last thing that I wanted was to p*ss off someone who was meant to be helping protect me. She glanced at the connecting bathroom door. "Are you looking for Demi? She's just taking-"

She cut me off by holding out her hand. Then she surprised me by sitting on the bed beside me. "The others seem to be having a fun time pretending that you're one of us."

I frowned slightly. "Well, I-"

"No need to make excuses. I just meant that you're human, and we're...not."

I bit my lip. "And why should that matter?"

"It matters because we're risking our lives, but there's no way Demi would let you do the same."

I could feel my annoyance grow, but I willed myself to keep calm. "I don't want any trouble." I didn't say it, but I highly doubted that Demi had forced her to help.

"No, she didn't force me, but that's what siblings do, don't they?" She laughed.

"How did you-"

"I didn't read your mind if that's what you're insinuating. It's written all over your face." I scowled but didn't make eye contact. "Anyways," she paused, "all I'm saying is that we're risking our lives for someone who doesn't understand what it's like to be us."

"Well maybe someday I will be."

She chuckled. "I wouldn't say that lightly. Least not until we fight off this coven."

At that moment, I heard the shower turn off and by the looks of it, so did Davina. She gave me a strange look before standing up again. We both made eye contact for a brief moment before she walked out. I got up to shut the door behind her just as Demi walked out in a towel.

"Who was that?"

"I-"

Before I could answer, Demi started sniffing the air. "What was she doing in here?" She asked in confusion.