Chapter 11

Mature content
———————————————————————————

Elliana

Adri came to pick me up shortly after. The incident with Lana sparked all kind of questions within me. It was then that I realized that I had no means of contacting Demi. It wasn't something that I had considered previously, as she seemed to appear whenever it suited her. It was like I was being kept on call.

I huffed angrily at the demeaning realization. "Simmer down, I can hear your angry thoughts all the way from Washington state." I leapt up from my bed where I was sitting.

"What are you doing here?!" She smirked at me and began to approach the bed. I crawled backwards until I hit the backboard. "Go away." I growled, still angry from my realization earlier.

Her eyes narrowed and she climbed onto the bed, towering over me. "Don't tell me what to do, little girl."

As if she had flicked a switch within me, I lowered my head in submission. I could sense her smirk forming at this. Mentally, I berated myself for acting this way. I crossed my arms angrily, hugging my knees. "Do you need an attitude adjustment?" I could hear the amused tone in her voice and I sighed, uncrossing my arms and shaking my head. She always made me feel like I was a little child pouting. I probably was, in retrospect.

"Lana said congratulations." I pushed myself up from my bed and began to walk over to my bedroom door. She grabbed my wrist, holding me in place.

"Excuse me?"

"I, uh, met someone named Lana. She told me to tell you congratulations?" I tried to wiggle my wrist out of her grasp only to have her tighten her hold.

"You met Lana? Where? How?" She demanded.

"Uh, at school? She was picking up her siblings. Why?" I asked suspiciously. She finally released my wrist.

"Siblings? What did she look like?"

"Uh, black hair with deep, blue eyes? About this tall." I gestured with my hand.

"Funny how you can know someone for a century and not know they have siblings."

I frowned at her tone. "I don't think they're her actual siblings. For one, I'm pretty sure that they're human."

"Names?" She walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Kailey and Brett." I wasn't sure why I was answering her questions, but her touch sent tingles through my body in a way that could not be ignored.

"You're answering my questions because I want you to." Demi replied smoothly as she released me.

I glared at her again. "Get out of my thoughts!"

"If you keep ordering me around, don't expect me not to show you who's in charge." She warned, making me huff angrily. "Oh by the way, just think if me in your head if you need me." She added.

"Are you always reading my mind? I asked curiously.

"Not always. When you think of me, it's almost like a siren going off in mine." She explained. "How was the orientation?" She added. I raised an eyebrow at her in surprise. "I heard you and Adriana talking a couple days back. When she told you she wouldn't be able to drive you." She said before I could make another comment on her mind reading.

"I don't recall you being present for that conversation." I said instead.

Demi chuckled as her mouth curved in a teasing smirk. "Of course you didn't. I was...hidden."