Chapter 27

Some triggering topics in this chapter guys - in the form of a memory. It's very ambiguous at this point (don't want to spoil it) but still possibly triggering. I know the memory may hint at sexual assault but I want to establish that that is not the case.

Mature content warning
———————————————————————————

Elliana

Once I had gotten dressed, washed up, and Demi had checked just under a hundred times that I was fine, she tapped my back gently and told me she'd drive me to school. As I walked down the stairs, I realized something really strange. I felt stronger and more coordinated than usual and some of my senses were heightened slightly, just enough to be noticeable.

I managed to make it to the bottom of the stairs before Adri cornered me. She didn't say a thing, merely stood in my way with her arms crossed and an eyebrow raised. I sighed loudly and crossed my arms as well. "What?"

"Really, Elliana? Really??" She knew the use of my full name always caught my attention, coming from her.

"I really don't see what your problem is. You don't like that I did it with a girl?"

She rolled her eyes. "Oh for Christ's sake Elli, I'm not from the Stone Age. I could hardly care less about your sexual orientation. But having sex with a girl way older than you that you've only known for a month at home? Sneaking her into your room?"

I scoffed. "Replace girl with guy and isn't that something you'd do? At least when you were single?"

"I wasn't a virgin!" She spluttered in disbelief.

"A-And what makes you think that I was?" I mentally cursed my stuttering.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "I wasn't born yesterday, Elliana, I doubt you even knew what lesbian sex was before she came along and the blush on your face basically confirms that."

"I'm eighteen, Adriana." I emphasized her full name as well. "I think I'm old enough to make my own decisions. She did not "influence" me. I think I'm falling in love with her too."

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Love? Really? Have you been in any relationships before?"

"I don't need to have experience to know what love feels like." I reply. "She makes me happier than I've been in a long time. Happier than anyone else has made me." With that, I turned and left, ignoring the surprised and slightly hurt look on my sister's face.

I rushed out the door, worried that Demi may have been getting impatient, but she simply glanced over and smiled at me as I was locking the door. I made it to the curb a good four seconds faster than it would normally have taken me. A look of amazement passed over my face. "Enjoying yourself?" She said in amusement as she reached over to pull my seatbelt over my lap.

"I'm fast!" I gasp.

"Yeah, for once." She smirked at me and I pouted. She started to chuckle. "Oh baby, I was kidding." She leaned over to give me a kiss on my pouting lips. "Completing the bond will enhance some of your senses and abilities. Mating with me will enhance them even more because my blood is running through your system right now. You're not as powerful as a vampire but you're somewhere in between."

I hum in content, leaning my head on her arm as she drove. Suddenly, I jolted up in shock. "I just remembered... I stop aging now, don't I?" She bit her lip and nodded.

I fell silent. How was I supposed to explain to my dad and Adriana? How was I even supposed to hide something like this from them? I had already been told that I looked like I was fourteen several times on campus. This would not help matters.