Chapter 9

Mature content ahead
———————————————————————————
Elliana

When Adri and I arrived home, it was past nine. I quickly went upstairs to take a bath, in hopes that it would relax me.

I still didn't understand why I acted the way I did in Demi's presence. I knew that perhaps I should have been angry or afraid, but I wasn't. Well maybe I was a bit angry, but it wasn't directed at her. I had every right to be though. Since I had arrived in California, I had almost been shot in a robbery, almost gotten drugged while underage at a club, was made to party with a bunch of drunk college students, and then got bitten by a vampire. Not to mention said vampire treated me like a doll or play toy.

No she doesn't.

I sighed and shut off the water before wringing out my hair. The little voice in my head seemed to be perpetually on her side.

I exited the bathroom in a towel and sat on my bed, reflecting on the events of today. Demi had kept to her promise and taken me back to Adri after an hour, and I was subjected to another six hours of following my sister around the mall. I walked over to my blouse that I had lazily tossed onto the floor and picked it up.

As I was emptying my pockets, the note that Danny had given me earlier fell out. I unfolded it and stared at it for a few moments. I had never shown an interest in dating boys, but for some strange reason, the sight of the note make me feel guilty. Finally, I sighed and tore the piece of paper before throwing it away. "Good choice."

I felt my heart almost stop as I spun around to see Demi leaning on my window frame. My heart began to race and I clutched my towel tightly around myself. I tried to glare at her, but I couldn't stop the blush that formed on my face. She shot me a seductive smile as she approached me. Taking my face into her hands, she whispered. "Let me see your eyes, baby."

I slowly raised my eyes to meet hers. She stared into my eyes and I could almost feel as though she was looking through my mind. After a moment, she smiled again. "So you have been a very good girl for me, I see. Shall I reward you?" She slid a teasing hand up my towel and I blushed a deeper shade of red but did not move to stop her.

She chuckled lightly and began to pull me towards my bed. "I have to admit. A part of me wished you'd be just a little bad so I'd have an excuse to spank that ass." She muttered lowly in my ear and squeezed my butt.

I finally snapped out of my submissive attitude as if someone had flipped a switch. Suddenly, all I felt was anger. "Don't touch me. I'm not yours." She raised an eyebrow at me almost as if to say: is that so? I smiled innocently at her. Suddenly, I got an idea and turned to retrieve the note that I had tossed away. "In fact, I think I'm going to make a call. If you'll excuse me-"

He eyes immediately darkened and she growled. "You will not call that boy." She hissed at me. I gulped nervously and began to take multiple steps backwards. Even though I wanted to test her a little bit, I was now instantly regretting my actions. She mirrored my movements until I backed into a wall. "I will show you who you belong to." She muttered under her breath as she dragged me back to the bed, tightening her grip on my wrist when I tried to pry her fingers off.

She sat down on the edge of the bed. "Lay over my lap on your stomach."

"No."

She arched a perfect eyebrow at me. "No? Oh well, I guess I'm just going to do some reading then." I frowned in confusion. She reached under my pillow and grabbed my journal.