6

THEN

An hour and fifteen minutes before the lunch, Ro was called to come in her adviser's office. Since she doesn't have any classes at that time, she immediately shows up.

When Ro came, she noticed that someone was inside the office. She sits outside the office to wait for her adviser. It was unintentional but she overhears what they are talking about.

Ro thinks that this person her adviser was talking to is one of the students included in the big project.

She was hoping it was one of her classmates because that will make her life easier, since she already knows them. Although they were not friends, they're acquaintances, she thought.

She immediately turns her head around when she heard the door opens.

"Oh, Ro. Glad you are here." Her adviser said and smiled wildly. "This is Thomas Young, from another section. He will join our big project." This Thomas was already looking at her the moment she laid her eyes on him. She looked away, feeling shy.

Of all people, why him? Ro asked mentally.

"So, just like what I've said to you Ro. Until now, there is no official details about our project." Thomas walks up and stood beside Ro.

"And I'm still working on the final list. For now, you two were my official participants, in case someone asked you about this, say you don't know. It's still confidential." Ro's adviser did not hold them any longer. She bids goodbye to her two students- Ro and Thomas.

Ro thinks that it is confidential because if everyone in year 10 will know about this, anyone would join. The spot can be taken from someone who is willing to work on the big project, not just because of the points they will receive for participating.

Ro looks at her watch. It's already lunch time.

She was about to walk past unto him when he said, "Hi, I'm Thomas. You are?" he is smiling, Ro isn't. You see, it is not usual for her to smile. But when she saw him smiling, Ro felt shy. Should I smile too?

"I'm Rosemarie, but you can call me Ro." Thomas smiled fully. Ro thinks she made him special for saying he can call her Ro, so, "Since everybody calls me that." Thomas nods a little and bid her goodbye.