24

THEN

If Ro could attack and ask God, why is he doing what he was doing, she already done that.

The moment she saw Thomas, Ro wanted to go back to their home and bury herself on her pillows and bed sheet. But she is aware that she is unable to do that. So, she remains calm and walks into her friends. Good thing she is with Phoebe and Samantha. It can be bearable. It has to.

For weeks, both Ro and Thomas managed to pull their whole day at peace, without interacting with each other. Take note that most of their classmates on their last year of high school were almost the same as Ro's classmates when she was in year 10 and 11. Meaning, they somehow know what happened to these two people.

After two months, there were instances wherein they accidentally met each other past the hallways. Or they were grouped in some projects. Their relationship is casual and civil.

But they don't greet, smile, or talk to each other just like they did from the past.

October came.

Around nine in the morning, their English class started. Ro is currently writing her poem as her teacher were discussing. Kind of bad*ss but she had to write this. The concept went through her mind early this morning, she can't just let go of it as this might slip away from her head.

"Mr. Young, Ms. Houston can you report this next week?" she continued to write.

"Uhm...yes Miss."

"Ms. Houston, I need your confirmation." Phoebe poke her shoulder to get her attention. When she lifted her head, she said yes in a questioning tone, but their teacher assumed it as her confirmation. And she left.

"What just happened?"

"Miss assigned you and Thomas to report the next topic." Phoebe answered and laughed.

"You weren't listening earlier. I think Thomas got your topic."

She's in danger. How could this be possible? They were able not interact for months and suddenly, they must work and report together.

It was lunch when he came to tell Ro what they will report. Ro decided to finish what she's writing so she was the only one left on the room.

"When will we make our report?"

"I don't know... On Friday?" Thomas nodded. She came back to writing. He was about to leave her alone, but he came back.

"Can we talk Ro?" she didn't stop to take down her ideas, words, to complete her poem.

"I'll wait for you." Then he sat down at the chair in front of her. He rotated the chair so he can face her.

She did not mind him being around. She can't interrupt the words coming thru her mind, so if he can endure to wait for her to finish, it's your choice.

After a few minutes, their classmates slowly get back onto their room. By twelve quarter, she finished writing.

"What are we gonna talk about?" she asked while arranging her things. Ro felt his gaze on her.

"I just want to apologize for what happened from the past years. I know I could have done better but-

"Forget it. It's a done deal." She didn't give him a glance. She doesn't want to. Ro is afraid it might-

"Yeah. I want to talk to you before. I tried. But things happen, there are some things we don't have any control. I hope we're good. I could not bring everything back and undid what I did. But I'm really hoping we could be friends again..." she remained silent, he left.