10

THEN

Right after the class Ms. Jones told the whole class to stay as they will have a meeting and it'll be held in their classroom. She suspected that it is because of the big project.

Ms. Jones left for a minute, she came back with Thomas and his classmates. The moment he stepped inside their classroom, he looked at Ro and smiled. Oh, there he is, smiling again. She looked away.

"Some of you may have heard already the big project of the year 11 and 12. Our batch is assigned with a project too." Originally the big project is to be done by selected students only but then it was explained why they need all the students.

Ms. Jones started introducing the big project for our batch. It includes the week-long activities and stalls that our batch will produce and provide during the foundation week. All accumulated money will be given to three students from Thailand who showed an excellent work in their research. They will be further given an advance knowledge if they will be transferred on our school. These three students are the same age as them all. The school went through a series of meetings and systematic planning on how to bring these students, with an amount of 100,000 dollars.

They realized that it is impossible to amass a huge amount of fortune with the school alone.

Furthermore, all the students will not do the big project alone, but they will be guided thoroughly by their parents and teachers.

Ms. Jones handled over the consent papers to Thomas to be given out on all the students. When he reached it to Ro, he greeted her with a smile. Ro finds it weird that this Thomas Young is casually greeting her with a smile. Isn't he humiliated or what? No elite members talk to me...

The past days were allotted for the brainstorming, during meetings there were students who occasionally raises their hands to suggests.

The first plan is to create a list of activities that they will do in the week-long foundation celebration of their school. Some of the suggestions were games that includes arcade machines, and basketball machine. Phoebe commented that these will cost them too much. Ro planned to raise her hand but shrug her idea off. Thomas noticed it. He stood up from where he was sitting, walks near Ro, "Ro has an idea." She looks at him like what are you doing?

He nods at her, and she clears her throat. "If we were to follow our suggestions, we could look up for rented arcade machines, ASAP. In that way we could know what our next step will be." She looks around, all of them were listening so she goes on.

"How long will we use these machines? If in 5 days and the rent is too much, either we cut the days for 3 or 2. Or we'll DIY it." Someone agreed from the crowd, including Ms. Jones. She looked at her adviser and she smiled on Ro. It pleased her.

The meeting went from another 2 hours, they have listed many suggestions. They are currently crossing out some concepts that were too idealistic and hard to execute.

"Stay with the booths but cross out the music booth." Thomas blurted; Maddie followed. "Let's just leave at least two booths." She added.

"Marriage booth and jail booth." Phoebe suggested and everyone agreed.

"For the stalls, this is way too many." Alex from the other class commented. Ro puts her hand on her chin to think. She was noticed by Thomas. "You good?" she looked at him and nodded.

"Why don't we categorize our food stalls? Like for example, Japanese foods, Italian cuisines... something like that." Phoebe nods aggressively and commented that it was a great idea. "Or perhaps we should stick with simpler snacks like nachos and some drinks."