7

NOW

Ms. Bria told the interns that the announcement of chosen idea will be on weekends. Further update will be sent thru an email. She also told that all the concepts were exceptionally great, and it is more than to what she expected from the interns.

Around 11 o'clock, Ms. Bria declared that all the interns are allowed to go home early. Ro immediately texted Stephen about it. And then realized that Stephen drove her to the company, she doesn't have her car. So, she really needs Stephen.

Few minutes later, Stephen replied that he will come to pick her up, but he must cancel his treat because of his boyfriend.

"We were also dismissed early, glad to pick you up." Ro closed the door, and placed her bag and papers on the back seat of the car.

"How's Matt? I haven't seen him in a while." Ro looked at Stephen for a second, while he started the car and drove.

Stephen shrugged. "He's fine." He heavily sigh, Ro was confused so she asked why.

"He's leaving again. For God's sake, he just went home last night." He shakes his head. "And I don't know how long. You know, okay it's fine with me that he's doing what he loves to do. Business around the world. But sometimes when he calls, he will just update me then later, he's asleep." Ro nods although Stephen doesn't see her. Steph sighed again. "I just miss him a lot. Maybe, I'm just tired with our set-up."

"Now that he's here. Make the most out of it." Ro suggested, Stephen nods. "Don't worry about treating me later than we scheduled. Anyway, I'm your girlfriend when he's not around, right?" they both laughed with what Ro has said. Stephen agreed.

"Matt also said the same thing." Stephen made a turn on the corner of Washington St. "Last night, we talked about our schedule. Then, we almost got heated with our convo, but he said that he's glad that I'm with you when he's not." Stephen looks at Ro, they both smiled.

Ro couldn't imagine her college life without his best friend Stephen. College isn't like high school wherein the only thing that you must worry every now and then is examination. In college, almost everything will make you anxious.

Kingsville is a prestigious institution. She never knew that her soul would be the payment for studying there. Kidding. But seriously, if she hadn't met Stephen, her college life would be like hell. He made it bearable.

Stephen parked in front of her apartment. Ro grabs her bag and papers, "Matt just texted me. We'll lunch out." She nods at him and bid a goodbye.

When she was about to enter the apartment, she looks back at him and wave. Stephen takes his head out of the window and shouted, "I'll update you later, my treat!" then he made a loud noise using his car horn. She laughs, nodded, and entered the apartment.

Another letter was dropped today. He's late.

Ro did not realize that she called the suspected serial killer, he, interesting. She picked up the note and read it.

an empty place inside me where I fail,

of fear and magic, memory, and pain.

Neil Gaiman seems to know me lately; V. I hope you're here today. It's easier to confide with someone you truly know.

PS: I don't want to be stuck with D. Just kidding.