22

THEN

When Ro started her year 11, Ronald graduated. Rob started his sophomore year, since Ronald left the apartment, he gave it to Robert. Still, he decided to go home to be with Ro and mom.

Luckily, Ronald got a job right after he graduated. Today, he went home to have a dinner. He missed this.

"How are you holding up with adulting and the other stuff?" Ronald sighs at Robert's question.

"It's okay, still adjusting though." He then laughed. Robert admitted that he is kind of scared when his time comes but he's also looking forward to it.

Their topic went through Ro. She's still on school, few more hours till she comes home. They are both sure she will be delighted to see them both here at the same time.

They were both smiling when they talked about her but then Ronald became silent.

"You're still worried about her?"

"Who wouldn't? Aren't you worried?" Robert let out a sigh, said yes. "With what we discovered, who would not Ron."

"I'm not aware that smart shaming is a real thing or that gaslighting is existing. I mean...we weren't well-informed, until now. Whatever their reason for doing that to our sister, it will never be valid Rob. I'm so f*ckin guilty that we didn't do anything." Robert patted his brother's back. "We asked Ro, she doesn't want to do anything. She's clearly not ready when we talked to her."

"I wished we talked to her more. We never knew what's the adverse effect of that. First mom, then the people around her? Rob-"

"We can't just force her you know. She must take the first step that's where we'll come in, to guide her..." Ronald shakes his head as if disappointed at his self.

"Remember her smile? Rob, I miss it. I missed seeing her happy."

After a few minutes, the door opened, and Ro came in. When she walks into the kitchen to grab a glass of water, she saw her brothers.

She couldn't help but smile. She ran rashly to her brothers and giggled as she hugged them both.

They all update each other during dinner. At this moment, Ronald was happy their mom asked how they are doing. He felt relieved when Ro told them what she has been doing these past few months. She's been writing. He then remembered when she was in year 10, she wore a doctor outfit during the career fair. It looks like mom is happy to hear Ro's accomplishments in writing, so, he mentally hoped soon too.

Ro didn't expect her last year as a high school student came as quickly than she expected. Today is her first day. As usual, Ronald wasn't here anymore. He left last year when he got a job far from our city. Robert was almost here, he come home but most of his time were spent on his apartment- the one Ronald left with him. Ro didn't think Robert wants to live there so she was surprised when she heard he has been staying there during daytime. She also heard with a girl; she doesn't really know.

Ro conditioned herself last night to confidently enter the campus, but at the present, she is nervous. No one knows what they could experience with their last year on high school, she hopes a good one.

When she entered her designated classroom, she smiled a little when she noticed a familiar faces. Phoebe and Samantha waved at her; she waves back. They were both smiling at her. But then, it disappeared.

Ro observed that the two were looking past behind her. So, she turns her back around.

Thomas.