15

NOW

She cannot remember how many times she rolled her eyes today. Since her mom came, she never stopped commenting.

"Why do you own only a few appliances? Do you need anything than this Ro? Tell me." She rolled her eyes again. She looks at her mom who's currently observing the whole apartment. Good thing she already cleaned up. "What are these notes?" her mom glances upon the side table near Ro.

She quickly picks the remaining notes and hid on the drawer. "Nothing mom." Why did she have to see that?

"Anyway, how's school? How's internship?" Ro forced herself to smile. "Everything's fine mom." Her mom just nods. "Nothing new to share."

"When's your free day? You should come home. We'll be having dinner next weekend." Shoot I haven't check my sched.

"Will Ron and Rob come?" Ro stood up to fill up her cup with coffee in the kitchen.

"Yes. I think they'll both bring their girlfriends. They want us to meet the girls." She peeped from the kitchen, "That's good to know. They've been telling me how great they are. I keep insisting to bring them home for you to meet."

"Well, they better be great. I don't want-"

Ro walks up to her mom again and, "Mom..."

Her mom looks at her like she's confuse. "Why? I just want them to be happy without-"

"They're already adult mom. They know what's best for them. If ever they got brokenhearted, we'll be there." Ro puts her hand on her mom's shoulder to comfort her.

Ro cannot be thankful enough to what happened when she was a year 12 student. Without that they will not be like this. Still, she's kind of scared to not please her but her mind comes back from what happened, that reminds her that she doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. Including her mom.

Happiness and peace should be the priority of life. This is what keeps us safe and sane.

Ro gets to tell her mom what she thinks better than before.

"Going back to dinner. I really want you there, Ro." It made Ro suspicious. She was about to tell her mom that she is not comfortable with her visiting her spontaneously but then she realized, Mom never comes here with just some dinner over the weekend. Somethings up, she thinks.

"What's so special about this dinner mom?" her mom smiled suspiciously. "Mom..."

"Well, don't be mad at me. I bumped into someone last Monday. We got to talk a little bit."

"Who's this person mom?"

"Same old person. Then I accidentally invited him over dinner. He's your friend so..." Ro pulls her hand away. It better be not the person I think...

"Who's this friend mom?!" she smiled innocently like she's the best mom who doesn't do something bad with her children. But as soon as Ro heard her mom, she was determined that her mom wasn't the best mom. Kidding, not kidding.

"Pardon?" her mom smiled sheepishly, leans closer and said, "The one and only Thomas Young."

"What mom? Why?!"