9

NOW

Stephen picked up Ro by around six quarter. He said that a reservation has been made by Matthew. He refused to tell Ro where they are going when she asked about the place. As Stephen drives to the place, he opened about Matthew.

"He'll leave on Sunday Ro." Steph started as he drives along the highway. Ro laid her eyes on her best friend; she didn't look away. She noticed how low his shoulders are, he is not the radiant Stephen she knows, his heart is aching. "We've been what... three years. But I cannot tell how I want him, that I long for him. If only I could bottle him up in my pocket to keep him wherever I go, I would if I could..." He left a long heartfelt sigh. Ro placed her hand on Stephen's back. Then, she rubs it to comfort his friend.

She stops rubbing, and she looks away, "I think you should try talking to him. Heart to heart, you know. Although you couldn't, you should initiate to talk about your relationship."

"I don't want you to be contended with your 'better left unsaid', and later on regrets everything." He just nodded.

The rest of the ride was silent. Her heart is also aching for both. She is a witness that they become distant when Matthew started expanding its business. She understands what Matthew wants. Ro just hopes that Stephen and Matthew can figure out something for their relationship to work despite everything. After all, they walk on fire for them to be together, what else could go wrong? Ro put her faith on them.

After a few minutes of driving, Stephen announces that they have arrived at the place. As Ro take a glance at the place, she was amused when she realized where she was taken by her best friend. The Full house Place!

It is the famous restaurant around the town that serves a wide variety of cuisines. Recently, it won a spot on the World's Best Restaurant. Since then, it was hard to put on a reservation because it's always full.

Stephen step outside his vehicle and walks up on Ro's door. "Mademoiselle..." Stephen spoke as he hands out his hand to Ro. He smiled, she laughed and said, "Oh what a gentleman." In a French-y style.

Stephen hand over his car eyes to middle aged men named Rodrigo. They walk their way on the front desk and were both assisted by a young adult woman in their designated table.

Ro cannot stop from smiling, which made Stephen smile more. He had never seen her smile like that. "How did Matt-" Steph cut in and said, "He's friend with the head here. Look at you, you're not grumpy anymore." Oh., shut up.

Later on, a waiter approached them to picked up their orders. Ro and Stephen did not have a hard time choosing a cuisine since he researched the menu ahead of time. They just went through what they think they would like.

"So, how's your presentation? Was Ms. Bria intimidating like you expected?" she shakes her head. "Not really. I was just nervous at first but everything cooled down. And actually, she's accompanied by Ms. Pepper. She's the intimidating one." Ro let out a chuckle. "But I didn't let her feel that I'm overwhelmed. I hope she didn't notice."

"How 'bout you? You already have a concept?" he smiled awkwardly and softly shakes his head. "Not yet but I'm working on it. I couldn't seem to find the perfect inspo for my concept board."

"Send me your idea and I'll try to search whatever that could help you." She noticed how his eyes twinkled. "Oh God yes! I'm glad I'd talk to you when were freshmen." They laughed.

After a few talks, the waiter came, fast approaching them with some of the few waiters ready to bring their feasts. They both felt their stomachs growling, but at the same time pleased because finally the food is here.

They were served up with Pasta Con Pomodoro E Basilico, and Caprese Salad. Next served was the Bruschetta, and red wine.

Both were so busy with their food and talk, then, two men entered the place. Stephen was shocked as he noticed the familiar man.

"Isn't that your boss?" he modestly pointed the man wearing the black suit. "Devian."

Ro turned her head around to look at him. She looks back at Stephen and she nodded. "What is he doing here?" Ro asked, he laughed. "To eat of course."

"Yeah, I mean..." Ro realized what she said. "Never mind."

Stephen did not stop glancing towards his best friend's boss. Ro continuously told him to stop but he refused to obey. "Steph stop hawking!" she whispers. Stephen commented about her being crabby but she did not stop.

"I'm trying to glance at his dinner mate. Look Ro, he looks so hot in his long white sleeves. It might be your future fling." He whispered back. What future fling?! She hit Steph but not that hard, still, he reacted overly. It made some of the guests around them to turn their head on them. Including Devian's dinner mate. He laid her eyes on Ro, she looks away quickly. She felt ashamed with how they acted.

"He looked at you!" Ro shushed her friend, but Stephen just laughed. They were almost finish, except the red wine.

Ro lifted the red wine, "Hey, come on. Let's just take this out."

Before finally taking out the red wine, Ro and Stephen fought whether they are staying and leaving the place. Obviously, Ro won when one of her classmates texted her that they have morning classes tomorrow. On Saturday, oh great.