12

THEN

The principal of their school gave their batch an allotted time, for this week, five straight days to prepare for the week-long foundation celebration.

Starting on Monday, the whole year 10 batch were busy on the decorations, and all. Phoebe and Samantha were the persons that is asked to accomplish the arcade machine. But they pulled Ro into their mission. Thomas volunteered to be their driver. Phoebe, Samantha, momentarily agreed.

Ro noticed the bad eye Layla and the others has given. She knows that they do not want him to be closed on her, but what can she do? Thomas was the one who always initiates and volunteers. Ro thinks she has no control or right to make him stop. Afterall, every person per se is responsible on his own actions.

"Are we in the right place Pheebs?", Phoebe nodded with the question asked by Samantha. They both looked at the map in Phoebe's phone.

Ro looked at Samantha and Phoebe who chose to sit at the back car seat, then she smiled. "Let us find the place first."

Silence was all over the place when Phoebe and Samantha decided to leave the car and find the renting place for arcade machines.

"You think they'll be able to find the renting place?" he's looking at her, she can feel it.

Her cheeks were getting warmer from being shy and all, so she didn't look at him.

"I hope so." She smiled, focused on the windows.

"Sorry for what I've said last time. I think I made it awkward for us." He started. "I just want us to be friends. I've known you since forever, but we never had the chance to talk with you." She decided to look at him, and he's looking at her.

He's looking. At her. She looked away. Why is he looking and smiling? Why?

"Sure. But-" as she turned her head around him, he is close to her. "Please, no buts Ro."

She cannot control her smile, so she did. Thomas saw how her cheeks turn into red, so he smiled too.

"I really love to see you smile, Ro."

Suddenly, a couple of continuous knocks made them make a distance.

"We found it guys! Come on." Phoebe closed the door. Samantha hit Phoebe and whispered that she broke their moment.

Thomas and Phoebe talked to the owner, so Samantha was left with Ro to wait for them.

"I saw what happened back there." Samantha was not looking at Ro but she's smiling. "I know you Ro, I've seen you in the past, when we're first year. You're that student who's straight A, almost perfect."

"I hope you'll have your best moments in life, cause you deserve it. I think he's genuine when he said he wants to be your friend." Ro nodded. She is aware with that but-

"I don't think I could keep up with his friends." Samantha was shocked, then she patted her back. "Ro, you're not oblige to satisfy or to keep up with them."

"I sometimes feel like it is. Especially when you are friends with that guy." Samantha hugged Ro as she said Oh, Ro.

"But to be honest, I just thought about that. After all, I don't wanna be friends with that elite group.", they both smiled on each other.

She doesn't know if other people feel the same as she is. Every so often, insecurity comes in, fear creeps in, and anxiety visits within her core. It doesn't go away easily; it stays as lengthy as it wants. Thomas' friends are not someone you can shrug off in your mind that fast. They are the kind of people you can always notice and think about.