Prologue

Tw:
-abuse
-drinking
Please let me know if there are any others!!!

He thought it was over, all of the loneliness and sorrow. He was happy. Alexis had finally found someone who loves him. Someone to love and to cherish.

  At least, that's what he had thought. Alexis and Schlatt had been married for 2 months before it all started going downhill. Schlatt had never been one for loving remarks or words of affirmation, but Alexis knew he was loved. 

At least, that's what he had thought. It only took two months one week and six days for their marriage to plummet. Alex had always known that Schlatt was an alcoholic, but he believed in good time he could help his husband through all of his pain. But it only got worse.

  The beginning of their marriage was all morning hugs and forehead kisses, movie nights and midday cuddles. But Schlatt would get stressed over something at work or just anything really, and he would resort to drinking. That's when everything got worse. It had started out healthy, a drink or two here, a glass while he worked. But soon things grew to become far more serious. He quit his job, and after about a month of constant intoxication, Schlatt had grown to be filled with hate. Anger seemed to materialize inside of him and eat away at the man he was, and so he drank away the feelings.

  That's when all hope was lost, Schlatt was gone entirely, he was consumed by anger, and began to hit Alex for anything he did wrong, or sometimes just because he felt like it. After a year of this abusive relationship, Alex had given up all hope. He had bruises all over, and if that wasn't enough, he had cuts on his legs and arms from all the times when he began to blame himself for everything wrong with the life he was now stuck with.

  After a while, the pain was too hard to conceal and Alex began to lose touch with his friends, and at first they all ignored it, thinking he wouldn't distance himself without good reason. His closest friend, George, was the first one to panic at the sudden loss of contact, and it didn't take him long to figure out what had been happening with his friend. Alex would normally join in calls with George while he livestreamed, and at this point even George's fans were beginning to miss Alex's online persona, Quackity. George first pieced it all together when Quackity resisted in FaceTiming him, something Alex rarely ever declined, and with no real reason as to why. George eventually convinced Quackity to FaceTime, though he didn't show himself at all, which was extremely odd for the man, as Quackity was normally impossibly close to the camera, finding it helped him feel closer to his friends who lived so far away. George continued to pressure his friend, highly concerned by Alex's persistence to evade questions. Though all was soon revealed when Alex accidentally dropped his phone off of his bed. "Nothing's wrong! I'm fine!" Alex had reached down to pick up his phone as he yelled out to his friend, but froze as he saw his reflection on the FaceTime call. At this point the injuries were obvious, dark black, blue, and purple bruises were splotched across his face, red dots of dried blood dusting his cheeks, and crimson lines here and there to top off Quackity's "obviously abused" look.

  It took George just over a week to persuade Alexi to try and get a divorce from Schlatt, and another five months for Alex to get Schlatt to sign the papers (even if the man was drunk off his ass) and acquire them in the first place. Needless to say, when the court heard the reasons Alex wanted a divorce, the process was slowed as authorities tried to obtain a warrant to prove that Alex's claims were true. After that, Schlatt was arrested, and George promised to be by Alex's side the whole way through the trial. 

Although, George's sudden disappearances made for quite the swell of questions back home with his roommates.

——————————
Thank you so much for reading, I will be getting chapters out a soon as possible, but my life is very chaotic right now so I am not going to commit to any specific schedule.

If you would like to give me any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them! I cannot guarantee that your suggestion will be used, but if it is I will give you credit, and I would like to thank you in advance for anyone who provides ideas for me!

- Atlas <3