The Ex

You sat in your closet, hands trembling in terror as the pounding on your door rang through the house.

  You knew who it was. It was your ex, from your former relationship. He was abusive, so you left him. Apparently he had heard about Patrick, your new boyfriend. You got an idea and quickly dialed Patrick's number and waited for him to pick up. He answered immediately.

  "Patrick?"

  "I'm here. What's wrong?" He seemed to detect the urgency in your tone.

  "I need help. (Y/E/N) is here. He's trying to break in!"

  "Hold on, I'm coming," he said, and hung up. A few minutes later, you heard the door open. Someone called your name. You froze in fear as you realized it wasn't Patrick. You slapped a hand over your mouth as you let out an unwelcome whimper.

  "I hear you!" An eerily familiar voice called, dragging out the 'you'. This isn't a horror movie, you'll be fine, you told yourself, attempting to calm down. You heard footsteps up the stairs, then down the hall to your room. The footsteps got louder until the sound of a door creaking open broke the silence in your room.

  As you heard your ex searching your room, you heard the front door slam shut.

  "Y/N?" Yet another familiar voice called out. This time it wasn't eerie as a wave of relief washed over you. It was Patrick!

  A pang of dread coursed through you as your ex muttered, "who the fuck?" What if he hurt Patrick?

  Patrick's footsteps became quicker as he burst into your room. None of them knew you were there, as you were still in your closet. You panicked as you heard shouts and sounds of fighting.

  You quietly crept out of the closet. Your ex was under Patrick, taking hit after hit from the the enraged boy. At the sight of you, he squirmed out from under Patrick.

He ran towards you, picked you up, and ran out of the room. You punched his chest and squirmed. You managed to knock him off balance and he fell to the floor.

  Mere seconds after, your ex's weight was lifted off of you as Patrick slammed him into the coffee table. Your ex managed to get up and run out of the door.Patrick immediately ran over to you and hugged you against his chest.

  "Are you okay?" He asked, kissing your forehead.

  You were still shaking with fear, and managed to choke out, "I am now." He planted another kiss on your forehead and carried you bridal-style up the stair and into your room. He gently placed you on your bed. He hesitantly got up.

  "Wait..." You said. He stopped in his tracks and looked back at you hopefully. "Can you stay?"

  He grinned. "I thought you would never ask!" He plopped onto the bed with you and wrapped his arms around you.

  "Did you shut the door?" You asked.

  "No."

  He giggled as you moaned, "UGGGGHHHH....."

***

Edited!