13. The Beginning

" Tell me every horrible thing he ever did and let me love you anyway" ~ Unknown

It was well into the afternoon when emerald eyes started to flutter open.

The greenett still curled in a firefighters bed let's his vision adjust to the light as he glances at the clock on the nightstand.

It's after three pm. He can hardly believe he slept that late though between he and Katsuki not even laying down till five am and then his nightmares it wasn't all that surprising.

A sleepy mind suddenly remembered there was a blonde in this bed with him, he tints with blush at the thought as he slowly turns around expecting to see that hot firefighter next to him but he's met with a wave of disappointment when he doesn't see what he's looking for. Katsuki's side of the bed is empty.

Izuku sits up and as soon as he does he's reminded that he was attacked the night before.

His body aches, his lip throbs as he slowly runs his tongue over feeling it sting.

His back hurts from the countless slams to the wall and as gentle medic fingers run over his own neck he knows those fingerprints are more noticeable today.

The whole thing almost makes tears well in emerald eyes again but he pushes past the emotional distress wanting to come climbing out of bed.

He walks to the bathroom catching a glimpse of himself in the mirror, the sight makes him groan and sigh seeing exactly what he knew was there, heavy ugly brusies on his neck and upper arms. His lip sore looking and also sports an ugly black and blue color.

The greenett brushes his teeth careful not to aggravate his lip. He tames green waves that are messy from sleep. As he takes in his image in the mirror he cringes not wanting the always perfect firey blonde to see him this way.

He pulls the hood up on the black hoodie he has on and practically tip toes into the livingroom.

Emerald eyes shift to the kitchen where he sees Katsuki cooking something at the stove.

He takes in the blondes form while he stands there.

Katsuki still has on his black Nike sweats from last night. He's in a fitted red tank top that show every muscle, built arms shift with his every movement.

Izuku doesn't realize he's biting his own lip at the sight till he feels it sting and he hisses softly in pain.

Not softly enough for the other male across the room not to notice.

Katsuki suddenly turns around meeting sheepish emerald eyes.

He grins. But as he watches the greenett standing there he feels his heart strings tug all at once.

Izuku seems so small to him now, like he had last night when the greenett was curled up into his protective hold and even now as he stands in the blondes oversized clothing with his hood pulled up no doubt trying to hide the previous nights events, he reminds Katsuki of a lost child.

The blonde winks not saying anything yet but turns around to get the greenett a cup of coffee, he fixes it adding cream and sugar then moves across the room handing it to Izuku who had taken a couple steps tawrds him.

Katsuki hands the warm cup over seeing Izuku give a shy smile while he takes it sipping the warm liquid.

" Morning Medic. I wasn't sure how you took your coffee but I went with a hunch that you like it sweet"

Izuku smiled, his eyes slowly shifted up at those gorgeous scarlet orbs.

" I do. Its..It's... actually perfect", he laughs softly.