21. Everything Right

" I never knew love like this existed, until the night I met you" ~ Unknown

It's been a full week now since Izuku has moved in with Katsuki, a full week of absolute bliss that both of them are basking in to the point that are both glowing and giddy like two teenagers.

Katsuki is more than happy to make breakfast and dinner every night for his medic who happily watches full of chatter about his day then eats every bite on his plate helping his boyfriend clean up before they either climb into bed or curl up on the couch, hardly ever taking hands or eyes off each other.

Nights when one or the other might have to work is still spent texting or visiting the other when they can.

Yes life has been absolutely amazing for both of them, especially Izuku who has been steadily healing from his ordeal and now that Raiden was in jail for assault and harassment things felt even better.

But scars left behind inside a mind that had been abused for so long still sometimes show themselves and as Izuku stares out the window of the taco joint Katsuki had taken him to on what he considered thier first date he is struggling with one such scar.

A blonde firefighter is noticing that his nerd seems to be far away in thought tonight and it's just not sitting well.

Scarlet eyes take in his boyfriend across the table who definitely isn't himself tonight.

Katsuki had been in the mood to go out for dinner and the greenett happily agreed but something is stormy in those emerald eyes and it's time for him to find out what it is.

The blonde finishes the taco in his hand wiping his mouth sighing as looks over at a distracted Izuku.

" Oi Medic? Everything ok?"

The greenett across from him snaps his attention back to scarlet eyes, a soft smile appears.

" Yes Kacchan, everything is great"

Katsuki hears the words, but the tone isn't convincing at all.

" Yeah? Then why haven't you touched your food, or hardly looked at me since we got here? I upset you or something without realizing?"

Izuku goes wide eyed, still unable to believe he's in a relationship finally where the other person is actually concerned that they may have hurt you in some way. It makes him love the large firefighter across from him that much more.

He reaches for Katsuki's hand, holding it tightly in his own.

" Oh gosh no Kacchan, you haven't done anything wrong, I'm not upset with you at all"

Katsuki let's a smile fall on sharp features.

" Alright, I'm happy to hear that, but something is definitely going on in that pretty head, so why don't you tell me what's up ?"

Izuku smiles sheepish, emerald eyes gazing down to the large hand he's holding.

He reaches across the table with both hands playing with Katsuki's fingers trying to distract himself as he speaks.

He's quiet for a minute until the blonde wiggles his large fingers trying to get Izuku's attention.

" It's ok medic, tell me"

Izuku glances at him then back to his hand continuing to play with it as he takes a breath.

" Well, my mom called me today and she asked me if I would go home this weekend and visit her, since I haven't seen her in a really long time"

Emerald eyes look back up seeing Katsuki paying attention to each word.

" Ok, so... what's wrong baby? You don't wanna go or something?", the blonde questions unsure why this would be an issue.