46

Ensley and Tom were trying to do the best that they could for their daughter. It had been hard between them. Especially since they were barely talking.

Ensley woke and groaned as she felt Maisy kicking her in the ribs. She rolled her eyes. "Like you didn't kick me enough when you were inside of me," she mumbled.

She somehow got out of bed without waking up the little girl as Steph walked in. "Love, I've been asked to go to France. On a fundraising event. Rachel Mason has said you can stay with her and Chloe."

Ensley nodded and smiled. "Okay. That's fine."

Steph turned and walked off. Ensley sat there and sighed. She saw Maisy sitting up and smiled. "Let's go cutie. Life waits for us."

***
Ensley went into school. She saw Chloe waiting for her. "So I've been told you're coming to stay... I have a live in best friend. Yay. Lexa can't wait to spend some time with you."

Ensley smiled and nodded. "My mother gets to live it up in France while we're stuck here. Sucks huh?"

"Not really. Because you're stuck with me. Now, have you and Tom talked at all?" Chloe asked as she looked to her.

Ensley sighed and shook her head. "Not really. We only talk about Maisy and that's it. It's too painful to talk about anything else," she told her.

Chloe rolled her eyes. "You literally need to talk. You have a daughter together. A daughter who can easily pick up on the tension between you both. Which is hard as it is."

"When did you get so wise?"

"Since I went through this myself with Max. I know what I'm talking about."

***
Ensley was sitting in the common room. She looked up as Tom walked in. "Hey. I thought I could take Maisy tonight? I was going to go and see my mum and dad in London. And they've been asking to see her."

"Erm sure. Don't let her cause too much trouble," Ensley said.

Tom smiled and nodded. "I doubt she can do much."

"You'd be surprised Thomas."

Tom smiled and walked off. Ensley hated how it was so awkward between them. And she couldn't handle it. She just wanted everything to go back to how it was. Before it all went wrong.

***
Sitting in class, Ensley couldn't get her mind off of Tom. He was in all her thoughts and she couldn't help it. She couldn't concentrate on anything other than him.

Chloe looked to her. "You've got it had. Don't you?" She asked.

"What do you mean?"

Chloe rolled her eyes and smirked. "I see the way you're sitting. Like you've got him on your mind. And it's actually cute to think about. You know?"

Ensley groaned. "I still love him. And I just can't stop. But he doesn't want me. He wants someone he can be public with. He wants someone he can kiss in the street or in the playground. And that's not me."

"So you're willing to give up on your forever so he can kiss someone in public? Ens... that's mental. Your happiness matters too," Chloe said.

Ensley didn't know what to think or what to do. She just felt like her whole head was a mess.

But could Ensley find a way to tell Tom how she really felt? Or would she sit back and watch as he fell in love with someone else?