32

Ensley groaned as she lay on the hospital bed in labour. She groaned in pain as she took in the gas and air. Steph looked to her and smiled "it's too easy, she's not going to make it" ensley sobbed as Steph took a hold of her hand "it's okay, they will look after her" Steph said as ensley felt the tears roll down her face as Steph smiled to her "your both in the best place" "I'm scared" ensley said as Steph nodded and looked to her "I know, do you want me to call tom?" Steph asked "no, I don't want him here. I don't want him near the baby not after what he did" ensley said as Steph looked to her and nodded "it's okay" Steph said as the midwife looked to ensley "ensley, your going to have to push now" the midwife said as ensley pushed as she rested her head back as her baby was pulled out and rushed off.

Ensley looked to her and frowned as she realised that she wasn't cry "is she okay?" Ensley asked as Steph looked and frowned "were just going to do some tests to see if she's okay" a midwife said as ensley looked to her and nodded. Later that day, ensley was wheeled up to the ICU as Steph looked to her and smiled as she looked to the small baby with tubes sticking out of her and frowned "she's so beautiful and small" Hensley said as Steph smiled "she's going to be okay, she's a fighter like her mum" Steph said as the doctors walked in and frowned "what is it?" Ensley asked as they sighed "we've run some test and it appears your baby has a heart condition and is going to need surgery but she needs some time for her lungs to develop before we can and she may die beforehand" the doctor said as ensley looked to her baby as she felt her heartbreak knowing there was nothing she could do.

***

Ensley walked through the hallway of the hospital. She felt scared and alone. She grabbed her phone and looked at toms contact and sighed. She knew he had a right to know what was going on and they she was his daughter too but she was still mad at him for cheating with Davina. Ensley looked at Chloe's name and dialled as Chloe answered "ens? Are you okay" Chloe asked as ensley started to cry down the phone "I need you Chloe, my baby is sick and I have no one. I need my best friend" ensley sobbed "I'm coming home don't worry" Chloe said knowing her best friend needed her now more than ever.

***

Later that day, ensley sat in the hospital as she waited by the baby bedside as the door opened. She didn't turn just sat looking as her baby sat breathing in and out. She felt heartbroken as she looked to her. Ensley felt a hand in her shoulder and jumped as she turned to face Chloe and smell as she stood up and hugged her as she broke down crying. Chloe smirked as she held ensley close "it's okay, I'm here and your not alone" Chloe said but was Chloe the one She needed the support from?