49

Ensley knew how Tom had stood her up. She had gone to an effort to make dinner for him and he had stood her up. She was angry with him. He got her hopes up. And then he dashed them.

She hated how Tom had a hold on her. It was a hold she didn't want or need. She was sick and tired of him blowing hot and cold.

Ensley knew how she was the mother of their daughter. And she deserved more respect from him. She needed to talk to him. And she needed to tell him she wasn't going to sit around waiting.

All she knew was that she going to take back control. And make sure Tom knew she was going to wait for him to stop playing games.

When she woke that morning, she saw Maisey asleep in bed next to her. She sighed knowing she needed to stop the co-sleeping as it was going to make Maisey too reliant on her.

She climbed out of bed after waking up her daughter. She went downstairs and saw Steph. Steph looked to her. "You went to a lot of trouble for your dinner last night," she said.

Ensley shrugged and sighed. She looked to her. "Yeah. It won't happen again."

Steph could see there was something wrong with her daughter. She smiled. "Whatever it going on, you can talk to me. You know that?"

"I know. I'm fine. Everything is fine," Ensley said as she looked to her.

***
Ensley went into school. She took Maisey to the crèche and then went to find Chloe. She eventually saw her leaving the office. "I'm going to kill Tom Clarkson. He stood me up. I went to the effort of making a nice chicken curry for him. And he let me down," she said.

Chloe frowned. "Why did he let you down?"

"I don't know. I honestly don't. But he's not going to keep messing with my head. I deserve better then that," she told her.

Chloe smiled and looked to her. She took her hand. "You need to stand your ground babes. Tell him that you can't keep doing it. You deserve better," she said.

Ensley nodded. She hated how her relationship was completely upside down. She wanted nothing more than for it to work out.

***
Ensley was sitting in the common room. She looked up as Tom walked in. He sighed. "I'm sorry about last night. But my girlfriend needed me."

"Your daughter needed you more."

Tom frowned. "Is she okay?"

Ensley nodded. She sighed. "She wanted to spend some time with her dad. But he let her down. He let me down," she mumbled.

Tom took her hand and sighed. He smiled. "I wanted to be there. I did. But my girlfriend, she said she needed me. And I had to be there for her."

"It's fine. I'm just not going to do anything like that again," she mumbled.

Tom knew how he had messed up. He felt guilty for it. But he had to somehow make it.

But would things go back to how they used to be for Tom and Ensley?