special chapter

Saoirse

People really don't know how to pronounce my name ever since I was a kid, but one person knew after reading it.

"Saoirse, it's pronounced as sur-shuh, right?" Kiro said when he read my name I wrote it on my paper. I was five and he was six years old.

And now I'm 20 and he's 21.

His birthday was a blast because we got to leave the party and have our own instead. But we left early, his girlfriend was looking for him.

I have loved him since that day he pronounced my name right. It was a weird first love moment but I don't care.

"Sao, may class ka pa?" Tanong ni Mio, she's a classmate of mine in some subject and my best friend. I am pursuing veterinary, as I grew up with a lot of dogs in our house.

We have chow chows, Yera's grandchildren. She passed away when I was four, it was sad to see my parent's first dog die. They had adopted a lot of dogs during my mom's pregnancy with me, that's why we have a lot of chow chows, golden retrievers, Pitbulls, and even some rottweilers. Dad said mom loved golden retrievers so much, especially Sora, she had the brightest fur among them.

My mom's obsession with Sora got intensed that she once decided to name me Goldien, 'ta ninang Aster said. Thank God dad knocked some sense to mom.

"Wala naman na, bakit?" She giggled before handing me a little card, it was an invitation to another party, again.

"It's Olive's 21st later, we're expecting you there." I nodded before thanking her. Tinignan ko ang maliit na card na parang business card lang. Tinago ko ito sa bulsa ko bago pumunta sa court kung nasaan si Lucius, my younger sibling, to give him his phone because he left it earlier sa bahay.

"Luc!" I called him, buti at naka break sila kaya lumapit ako sa kaniya at inabot ang cellphone niya.

"Thanks! Do you already have Olive's invitation?" I took the card out of my pocket and waved it in his face.

"Of course, sabay tayo?" Umiling siya.

"I'm going with my friends after practice, sorry." I nodded.

"It's okay. I'll go with Mio." Tumango siya bago bumalik sa team nila. I was about to go when Lucius called me again kaya bumaba ako at hinarap ang team niya.

"He wants to meet you." Turo niya sa katabi niya. I took one glance and immediately recognized him.

"Laizer, right? You're Kiro's girlfriend's blockmate!" Tumango siya bago nakipagkamay. Kinantyawan pa siya ng mga kateam nila kaya nahiya siya.

"You really know everyone, huh?" I shrugged.

"That's my middle name." I chuckled.

"Are you going to Olive's party?" Tumango ako.

"Do you want to go together." Oh God, I hate this. I can't say no, again!

"Uhm, sure! You can fetch me sa bahay na lang." Ngumiti siya.

"Can I also have your number?" Tumango ako at binigay 'yon bago umalis ng court. Dahil kasabay ko na si Laizer, I guess I won't go with Mio na.

Dad texted me as I was about to go home.

From: Dad
where are you?

To: Dad
I'm about to go home, dad. Why?

From: Dad
your brother?

To: Dad
Practice

From: Dad
okay, go straight home. i love you.

From: Dad
say i love you to mommy too.