Chapter 6 - Cheers

Her

I glanced at my watch and saw that it was almost 6 pm! I tidied up my office table and started gathering my things. I am excited to see my friends tonight. I felt refreshed when I woke up this morning. First time I slept well this past week.

Finally, Mr. Country Boy decided to keep everything peaceful and quiet last night. Oh, and before I forget, he has a name.... Santi.

I can't help but smile when I remembered his reaction to Stacy's naughty remark. If he only knew that I noticed the beads of perspiration on his forehead. He probably imagined "Stacy's cake" that's why he acted weird and wanted to get rid of me suddenly. I let out a soft chuckle. Oh well, boys will be boys!

I could tell he's nice. I greatly appreciated his effort of trying to make it up to me. Not to mention that the food he prepared last night was delicious. But with his gorgeous looks, I bet he plays around. He's a smooth talker and he probably always does the "Chef move" when he tries to impress girls. It may work with other girls but not with me.

I shook my head, trying to shake Mr. Country Boy out of my head. I freshened up and headed to our favorite bar. As soon as I went inside, I saw Raine waving at me. I kept a huge smile as I approached him and Jill, whom I saw was busy digging in on the chips and salsa in front of her.

"Girl!!! What took you so long?! I said 5 PM sharp!" Raine exclaimed. I gave him a peck on the cheek and a hug. Jill stood up and gave me a tight hug, as if we didn't see each other for years.

"You smell good, Car. Is that a new perfume you're wearing?" She asked as she tried to sniff me. She kept her right arm around my shoulder. I gave her a playful pat on her forehead. This girl always tries to do "sleek moves" on me, which I've already gotten used to. I usually just brush it off.

"That's my natural scent, girl. Or maybe, it's my sweat that you're smelling. I can't help it if I always look and smell fresh." I grinned while joking around with her.

"Hey, Jill. Stop harassing Carla. We haven't seen her for the past few weeks. Give her some slack." Raine butted in and pulled me away from Jill. He got me seated in between them.

"I'm not doing anything, Reynaldo! (Reynaldo is Raine's real name) Go smell her yourself. This scent is new. Fresh, sweet and inviting...." Jill winked at me.

"Okay girls, enough of my smell. We didn't come here to smell each other. What a way to start the night!" I let out a loud chuckle. These two are really crazy. There's never a dull moment when they're together. I looked at the table and saw a dirty martini in front of me.

"Is that mine? I'm thirsty! I haven't had my favorite drink for weeks!" I said excitedly. I grabbed the dirty martini and took a sip. I could feel the warm, bitter liquid going down my throat. I took one of the olives and enjoyed its salty taste inside my mouth.

Suddenly, I realized that I haven't eaten anything yet. I skipped my lunch so I could finish revisions on one of our junior architect's designs. I better eat something first. I don't want to get drunk easily.

The night is still early, and I want to have fun tonight. Make up for the lost times I've missed with my friends. When I work, I work hard. But when I play, I also play hard.

"Yes, that's for you. Just the way you like it. I made sure your drink is ready because I know you've been thirsty for weeks." Jill said teasingly while also grabbing her beer and taking a sip.

"I don't know what you want but I already ordered pasta, pizza and wings as soon as we got here. It may be coming out any minute now. Is that fine? Or are you craving for something else?" Raine said.