Chapter 16 - Midnight Snack

Him

Dinner was a treat. Our chef prepared a sumptuous meal for Carla. She enjoyed everything that was prepared on the table. From the oxtail in peanut sauce, to the home style fried chicken that Mommy Lucy marinated, it was a real feast. One thing that I noticed about Carla; this girl has a hearty appetite. And that's another thing that I love about her. Carla is not like other girls who always think about their figures. I guess she's lucky that she has a great metabolism. She's like Mama Ava.

She was grateful for the dinner and helped Uncle Amir back to his room. I didn't bother her anymore even though deep inside, I wanted to talk to her. They needed more father-daughter moments. They had a lot to catch up for all the lost times they've missed.

I went to my home office and did bookkeeping for my farm equipment business. It boomed the past several months.  We have been delivering farming tools to other provinces as well. I got caught up with work and didn't even notice the time. When I glanced at my watch, I was surprised to see that it was already midnight.

Hmmm, a midnight snack won't be a bad idea. I love my ice cream at night. I went to the kitchen to get some ice cream and was happy to see Carla standing in front of the fridge. She had her back at me, and I could see her perfect figure as the light from the fridge created an illusion of a silhouette.

She is wearing her usual tank top and shorts. By this time, I already knew this was her usual sleepwear as I caught her multiple times in this attire. And I don't like my reaction every time I see her wearing this. I want to crush her against me and let my hands roam over her perfect body. I shook my head hard. I'm letting the devil take over me again. My wild fantasies about Carla are getting out of hand. I am going to burn in hell.

"Are you hungry again?" I asked. She screamed when she heard my voice. I couldn't help but laugh at her reaction.

"Gosh, Santi! You scared the hell out of me! Don't ever do that again!" She hissed at me. I was still laughing when I replied to her,

"I didn't know you're a scaredy cat! Now I know one more of your secrets." She pouted at me when I said that.

"I'm just getting some water. I wasn't planning to raid your fridge." She defended herself.

"You can eat whatever you want. Help yourself. I'm about to get ice cream for my midnight snack. Want some?" I asked her invitingly. I saw the sudden twinkle in her eyes. I knew it; this girl definitely has an appetite. She also has a sweet tooth like me.

"What flavors do you have?" She asked readily. I grinned at her.

"Name it, we have every flavor you want." I bragged. She smirked at me.

"Do you have mango ice cream with mango chunks on it? I haven't tasted it for a long time."

"You got it, My Lady! Mango ice cream it is! I have waffle cones, too." I said while opening another freezer that has a variety of ice creams. We have a dedicated freezer just for ice cream, popsicles and ice candies. I got the scooper and went to our walk-in pantry to get the ice cream cones. Carla was like an excited child waiting for her Christmas gift.

I gave her the waffle cone with a huge scoop of mango ice cream on top. She was smiling from ear to ear. I couldn't stop staring at her, amazed by her beauty.  She marveled at it first before she started licking it. She did it very slowly, enjoying the sweet taste of it. I swallowed hard seeing her do that. I felt my body in flames. My wild imagination is acting up again. I got the bottled water she put on the counter and drank it straight up. She looked amused at what I just did.