Chapter 27 - Dinner Date

Her

I had fun doing the photo shoot.  It was definitely a new experience for me, but I don't think it's my cup of tea.  I've always liked working in the background, I never cared for the limelight.  I struggled initially.  I was nervous but at the same time, Santi's presence made me very self-conscious.  

I couldn't help but see him in the background eyeing me like a hawk.  He even had a dark expression on his face when he saw me doing some intimate photo shots with one of the male models.  I could tell he was on the verge of walking towards us, but Tita Lucy intervened quickly.  I didn't know what happened then.  All I knew was that I didn't see him and that made me more relaxed to do the shots.  It was a breeze afterwards.

"My Darling Carla!  You are a natural!  You are sensational.  You should do this professionally.  The camera likes you a lot!"  Kris was grinning from ear to ear.  He was very happy with how the shots turned out.  He hugged me tight.  I felt at ease with him easily when he introduced himself this morning.  He reminds me of Raine a lot. 

"Thanks Kris.  I couldn't have done it without your guidance.  You taught me a lot.  Thanks again, this was a great experience."   I smiled at him genuinely.  We said our goodbyes and I started packing up when I saw Archie approaching us.  He was the male model that Santi did not like.  We had a lot of intimate shots together, but Archie didn't make me uncomfortable.  He told me he has been doing this for a long time.  He was a gentleman and guided me all the way.

"You did great Carla.  Will you be working with us again for the magazine's wedding edition?"  Archie asked nicely.

"Oh, this is a one-time deal only, Archie.  Tita Lucy asked me to pinch in for one of your models who bailed out at the last minute.  I don't think there'll be a next time."

"If you'd ask me, it was a relief she turned it down.  She's not fun to work with anyway.  I would love working with you again anytime.  By the way, do you have any plans tonight?  The whole staff is going out.  Do you want to come with us?  We'll grab some dinner then hit one of the new bars in town."  I was about to answer but I heard Santi's voice behind me.

"She already has plans." He said sternly.

"Okay.  Maybe next time?" Archie asked me directly.

"There is no next time.  She is not doing another photo shoot after this." I looked at him disapprovingly.  I don't even know what plans he was talking about.  Tita Lucy didn't tell me anything.  Just to calm down the tension between the two of them, I replied,

"Sure Archie.  I'll go hang out with you guys' next time.  Thanks for the invitation."  I smiled sweetly at him, then hugged him before he left.  I then turned to Santi, frowning.

"What was that all about?  You didn't have to be rude to Archie.  He was just inviting me.  There was nothing wrong about that.  And I don't have any plans tonight.  I'm almost done packing and about to look for Tita Lucy.  I thought you already left."

"I'm still here, Princess.  And I'll take you home."

"I would rather go with Tita Lucy, if you don't mind."  Suddenly, I saw Tita Lucy walking towards us.  She has a big smile on her face.  She hugged me tight and touched my face affectionately.

"You were amazing, Carla.  I was right on my instincts about you.  You should do this for a living or at least a hobby.  As soon as I get all your prints done, I'll make you a portfolio.  I can be your manager."  She winked at me.  I heard Santi clearing his throat in the background.

"She's not doing it again, Mom.  Remember, this is only a one-time deal."  He said emphatically.

"Oh, for Pete's sake, Santi.  Let Carla decide for herself.  I'm just telling the truth.  The camera loves her.  She will be great in prints and magazines.  I don't want her to pass this opportunity.  You should support her."