Chapter 28 - Latch

Him

I was excited to be back. I could not wait to tell Carla how I feel about her. While I was on the trip, all I could think about was her. I could not concentrate. I was glad Milo was with me to close the deal with our foreign investors.

When Carla told me she was planning to leave soon and about to give Gavin a chance, I knew I must do something. I already planned on telling her tomorrow. I made reservations again in the lighthouse because I know she fell in love with the place. There was something magical about that place. When she said she's going to wait for me, it gave me hope that she also feels the same way about me.

And because I am clinging to that hope, I even bought a ring for her. It may be too soon, but I already knew she's the one for me. I can't imagine my life without her.

As soon as I entered the mansion, Yaya Celia welcomed me in the foyer.

"Hi Yaya. Where's everybody? Is Carla here?"

"Your moms and uncle just went to their rooms. They had an early dinner. Carla is in the studio painting. She is so talented like her dad. I saw the painting she was working on for the past couple of days. I think it's almost done. Go see for yourself." Yaya Celia replied smiling.

"I bet she did a great job, Yaya. Thanks." I went straight ahead to the studio.

Her back was facing me when I entered the room. She was looking intently at the painting in front of her while wiping her hands. She was wearing her usual spaghetti tank top paired with her skimpy shorts. Her hair was in a messy bun. I could see her smooth nape that was so inviting. I want to trail soft kisses again on her neck like what I did the last time. I always lust for her every time I see her. She has that power over me.

I silently stood behind her. She didn't even notice my presence as the soft lounge music drowned my footsteps as I approached her.

I couldn't help myself when I smelled her vanilla and berry scent. I hugged her from behind and kissed her on the side of her neck.

"Good evening, My Princess." Carla got startled and tried to quickly get away from me, but I didn't let her. I made her face me and as soon as she turned around, I pulled her towards me. I was mesmerized again with her soft features. I would never get tired of her beautiful face.

"Santi! Didn't I tell you not to surprise me like that again!" She was glaring at me. She is a scaredy cat. I pouted at her.

"Is that how you're going to greet me? I just want to say that I miss you, My Princess." I tried to pull her more towards me so I could feel the warmth of her body, but she put her hands on my chest and pushed me away.

"What? I don't even get a proper hug! From what I recall, you let other guys hug you." I teased her. She gave me a big frown then got her glass of wine on the side table and took a sip while looking at her painting. I went beside her so I could see the finished product. I was once again amazed by her talent.

It was a painting of a boy and a girl holding hands in the farm while watching the sunset. It looked so alive.

"Carla, your painting looks amazing." I said with sincere admiration.

"Thank you. Did you like it?"

"No. I didn't like it. I love it." I said smiling at her, then grabbed her glass of wine and finished it.

"Hey! Why did you do that? You should have gotten your own." I placed the empty glass on the table and moved closer to her.

"I'm thirsty. And I don't want you carrying anything when you haven't even given me a proper hug yet." I pulled her again towards me and didn't let her get away this time. I buried my face on her neck. Her sweet scent ignited me in flames. I felt her frozen in my arms.

"You smell so good, Carla." I couldn't help myself anymore. I am so crazy about her.  I miss her a lot.  I started trailing soft kisses on her neck and I heard her soft moan. I felt that she was trying to stop me and weakly pushing me away, but I didn't give in. I could tell that her defenses were crumbling down.

I became aggressive and without thinking, started kissing her on the lips. The moment I claimed her mouth, I knew I wanted more. I moved my tongue inside her mouth and tasted her sweetness. I felt her reciprocating my kiss and that drove me wild. I pushed her gently towards the wall, not parting my mouth from her. My hands roamed all over her. I pressed my body against her, so she knew how much I yearned for her.

I stopped kissing her and looked her straight in the eye. It seemed she didn't like me breaking the kiss. I could see desire in her eyes. At this moment, I knew that she wanted me, too.

"I want you so badly, Carla. I've been dreaming of this since the first time I saw you." What I said set her more on fire. Her gaze focused on my lips, and she started kissing me.

I pressed her hard on the wall and grabbed her right leg and wrapped it around my waist so she could feel how much I wanted her. She let out a loud moan as soon as she felt my manhood rubbed against her tender spot. At that moment, I lost control of myself. All I want to do is undress her, shove myself inside her. I want to know what it feels like to be inside her, to be one with her.  How much have I longed for this moment.  She has been my obsession.  I am latched to her; I am never letting her go.  

I was about to rip her clothing apart when we suddenly heard a loud crash on the floor. Both of us stopped what we were doing, and Carla quickly pushed me away from her. We saw Mama Ava staring at both of us. Complete shock was written all over her face. Shattered glass was scattered on the floor.

"Santi! Carla! What's the meaning of this?" Suddenly, I could see anger on Mama Ava's face.  I glanced at Carla who was flushed.  I faced Mama Ava and tried to shield Carla from her.

"Ma, I can explain all of this." I said in a meek tone.

"You better have a good explanation for this, Santi." Then, she turned to Carla who wasn't able to look directly at her. She kept her head down, seemingly humiliated at what my mom just witnessed.

I knew my mom well and I couldn't let Carla take the wrath of my mom's anger. I wanted to spare her of the humiliation.

"Carla, you can now go to your room. I'll talk to Mama. I'll take care of this." I told her reassuringly.

She lifted her gaze at me, then, looked at Mama Ava feeling totally embarrassed and said,

"I am very sorry, Tita. I hope you can forgive us. This was a mistake. It won't happen again." Then, she left the room quietly.  I didn't like what Carla just said.  She needs to know that whatever happened between us was not a mistake.  That I love her with all my heart.  I will need to straighten things out and talk to her.

But first, I need to calm down Mama Ava.  I braced myself on what's about to happen next.