Chapter 2 - Alita Battle Angel

As promised, weekend update for Finding Carla! I'm to 4K plus words now, 2K words per chapter. :) This ONC is challenging me. Lol.

So, without further ado, here's the 2nd chapter. Don't forget to vote or comment if you like how this story is going so far! Thanks a lot! Greatly appreciate all of you guys! 😊

_______________________________________________________________________________

Her

Finally, I was able to go to the gym this morning! I was too lazy to get up, it felt like I was hung over from the "Tennessee Whiskey" last night. But thankfully, I conquered my laziness and pushed myself to do the morning routine I've been used to before I get swamped with work. I felt exhilarated and pumped up with all the endorphins in my body. I'm afraid I'll pay for it later as I didn't do stretching and pushed myself too much. My muscles will surely ache after that cardio exercise routine. Anyway, I have a bottle of Ibuprofen in the office. I'll make sure to take a couple after I eat my breakfast.

I decided to wear a white silk blouse and paired it with my dark gray pencil skirt which was just a little above the knee. It hugged my body perfectly and complimented my curves. I matched it with my black pumps and glanced at myself in the mirror, satisfied with my look. I placed my MacBook inside my black tote bag and hurriedly stepped outside of my apartment. I didn't even look across my flat, afraid I might bump into Mr. Country Boy. Like what I've said, I don't want to ever cross paths with him again. Just remembering his arrogance last night makes my blood boil.

My flat is just a few blocks away from my office. It was my best friend's apartment, and I took over her lease when she suddenly left because of unexpected circumstances. Before, I would take the subway to go to work but now, I'm glad that my office is just walking distance from my place. Alecx's apartment location is great. The only thing that I don't like about it right now is the person living across from me. He's just new in the building and he's already acting as if he owns the whole place. He's infuriating.

I grabbed a venti cup of coffee and breakfast sandwich from my favorite coffee shop and headed straight to work. As soon as I arrived and sat down in front of my desk, I heard my phone's familiar ringtone, "Bitter Sweet Symphony" by "The Verve." I smiled when I saw who it was.

"Hi Bes! What's up?" (We call each other Bes, short for best friend) I kept my smile as I answered the call and saw Alecx's beautiful face on my screen.

"Good morning, Bes!!! How are you? I miss you! Haven't talked to you for a while. I'm sad, you're dodging my calls!" She said with a pouty face.

"Hey Alecxandra! Stop being melodramatic, OK? I just missed your call once. I was in a meeting with a client. You know I'm busy here working while you're enjoying the princess life there! You have maids, nanny for your kids, your own house chef! What else? And of course, your gorgeous husband and adorable kids! What more can you ask for?"

"Hey, excuse me, I'm working, too!" She replied indignantly.

"Yeah, working only whenever you want and choosing only the projects that interest you. You're working in your husband's company. That's not fair. You lucky girl!" I teased her. She pouted at me.

"That hurts, Bes. I didn't know you hold that grudge on me. What can I say? Tristan followed me here and swept me off my feet for the second time around. It's not my fault." She pretended feeling hurt. We are like this, we bicker but we love each other dearly and I'm happy for her. I really wanted for her and Tristan to be together.

I grinned at her. "OK, enough drama. So, how are you? How are the twins?" I asked her while munching on my sandwich. I'm starving after that morning workout.