Chapter 25 - Temptation

Him

Carla didn't utter a single word until we reached the car. I was about to open the door for her, but she did not let me and did it on her own. She sat on the passenger seat and slammed the door at me.

I shook my head and went to the driver's side. Before we leave the venue, I glanced at her and said,

"Okay, My Princess, are you ready to go?"

"Can you please stop calling me that! You've been annoying me since we left the house a while ago. What's your problem, Santi?" She asked furiously and gave me a dagger look.

Well, what should I say to her? Do I tell her that I'm acting like this because I'm freaking jealous of Gavin? Jealousy is eating me alive. I let out a deep sigh and offered a truce.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I'm not going to call you that again, I promise. But for what it's worth, I kept on saying that because you indeed look like a princess tonight. I wasn't able to compliment you a while ago because everyone was clamoring around you. Everybody was starstruck with your beauty. And that includes me. You look stunning tonight, just so you know." I said to her sincerely.

I was grateful with the bright lights shining from outside the parking lot because I was able to see her blush with my remark. Carla looked so adorable. I tried to change the topic, then.

"So, you really love to dance, huh?! I remembered you dancing your heart out in New York with your friends. This is the second time I've seen you dance like that."

"Yes, I do love to dance." She replied briefly.

"Were you a dancer before?" I continued asking her. She nodded without glancing at me. I could tell she is still mad at me. I felt guilty for acting like a jerk a while ago.

Two ladies were annoyed at me tonight. Haley was frustrated at me as my mind was wandering around while we were together at the wedding. She said as if she didn't have a date. My attention was focused on Gavin and Carla the whole time. I was watching them like a hawk. I was very jealous of Gavin and wished I was Carla's date instead of him.

Suddenly, I was surprised when Carla broke the silence between us.

"So, you didn't tell me that you can play and sing?"

"Oh, I don't brag about that. It's just one of my hobbies. I'm surprised you didn't figure it out when you heard me blasting Tennessee Whiskey way back in New York." I teased her.

She laughed at my comment. I missed that laugh. I enjoy having light conversations with her. I should not let jealousy take over me and stop acting like a jerk. It's painful to see her mad. I love to see her smile and be carefree around me.

"Why did you not pursue that career?" Carla continued prodding at me.

"Why did you not pursue dancing? You are very good at it." I shot back at her. She shrugged her shoulders and said,

"Like you, it was just a hobby. I love drawing and painting more so that's the career I took."

"And you were right with choosing that career path. See where it took you; the lead architect in one of the prestigious firms in New York. We're so proud of you." I commended her sincerely.

"It took a long time for me to accomplish that. But thank you. It meant a lot to me that you all appreciate what I've achieved."

"You are very welcome." I replied to her and unconsciously held her hand. I felt her suddenly froze and tried to remove her hand from my grip, but I didn't let her. I remembered letting go of her hand the last time we had a nice conversation in the kitchen, and I regretted that.