Chapter 30 - Finding Carla

Her

I am back in New York. After Tita Ava caught me and Santi making out like teenagers, I didn't have the courage to face her again. I was so ashamed of my actions. That same night, I left the mansion.

Of course, Alecx didn't approve of what I did. But I reminded her that she also ran away from Tristan the last time. We think alike. We are really best friends. We are both cowards. She was not able to stop me, and I left abruptly.

"So, what do you think? Is this a lot better?" Suddenly, Kyle interrupted me from my deep thoughts. I haven't been back to the office yet, but Mr. Archer didn't like the blueprint design of one of our junior architects. Kyle was kind enough to bring it to my apartment and help me do damage control. So here I am, trying to make revisions before Cathy presents the design to our client this week.

"Yeah, that's more like it. I think we nailed it. Please tell Cathy she needs to know her client next time. I've worked with Mr. Austin before. He likes to make a statement in his coffee shops. He never settles for the ordinary. I like Cathy's design but it's too simple for Mr. Austin's taste."

"Will do. By the way, how was your trip? Did you have fun?" Kyle asked while pouring some red wine in his empty wine glass. Seems he still wants to hang around. I'm still jet lagged and not really up for a conversation but what can I do? I have to be a gracious host.

"I did. I had a great time visiting my best friend and family." I replied briefly while sipping my wine. Suddenly, I heard a faint familiar music playing from outside. It got louder until I started to recognize the song.... It's Tennessee Whiskey! I don't know if it's just my imagination, so I looked at Kyle and asked,

"Are you hearing that?"

"Yes, that's so loud. Is that a country song? Does your neighbor like blasting her music across the whole building?" He grinned.

"Wait here. Let me just check." I got up, opened the door, and was surprised to see who was standing at my doorstep.... It's Mr. Country Boy in the flesh.

"Hello My Princess." He said, flashing his gorgeous smile at me.

"Is there somebody outside?" I heard Kyle ask while approaching me.  He was curious to see what is going on. The smile on Santi's face got wiped out instantly and was replaced with a dark expression as soon as he saw Kyle appeared behind me.

"Santi, what are you doing here?" I asked him, still in complete shock at his presence.

"What is he doing here?" He asked back angrily, pointing at Kyle.

"I'm the one who asked the question first. And it's none of your business who I invite in my apartment."

"I want him out of here now. Let's talk." He replied sternly.

"Is there anything wrong? Is he bothering you Carla?" Kyle asked me.

"I'm not bothering her. We just need to talk. I am her fiancée. So, if you could leave us now, we just need to straighten things out."

I was not able to hide the shock in my face when he said that. I was about to say something when Kyle replied,

"Oh, I didn't know you were already engaged, Carla. Okay, I'll go ahead then. Seems you guys have to fix some things." Kyle gathered the blueprint and other office documents on the table and left hurriedly.

"What was that all about? Are you out of your mind telling Kyle I'm your fiancée?!"

"Can we please go inside so we can talk like civilized people? I had a long flight, and I went straight here from the airport. So please, give me some slack." He said and barged inside my apartment while pulling his small luggage behind him.