Chapter 19 - Butterflies

A/N:
Unfortunately, I decided to pull out this story from the ONC Contest. This might continue beyond 40K words as I'm enjoying writing Santi and Carla's story. I don't want to abruptly end it at this point just to hit the 40K mark.

Hope you guys will continue to support the story even though it's no longer in the ONC contest.

Now on to the next chapter....
——————————————————

Her

Tita Ava joined Tita Lucy in the booth while I sat across from them.  We started chatting on how our shopping spree turned out when after a few minutes, I saw Santi enter the coffee shop.  This time, I was able to appreciate his whole form while he walked towards our table.  He was wearing a light blue button up shirt with the sleeves folded up to his elbows, paired with dark gray trousers.  He could pass as the front cover of a men's magazine. Gosh, why on earth did I have a gorgeous cousin like him?!  I don't want to sin, but I couldn't help myself from the strong attraction I feel towards him.

I averted my gaze from him, and it landed on Tita Lucy who was sitting from across the table. She saw how I looked at her son. She was staring at me intently as if she knew my secret. She smiled at me as if she wanted to let me know that my secret is safe with her. I suddenly felt nervous. 

Santi sat beside me in the booth and my heart started to flutter with his immense closeness. Darn! Why does he need to sit beside me?  His thigh accidentally brushed my exposed skin, and it sent shivers to my spine. Why is my body reacting wildly towards him?  I want to give my body some spanking.  You traitor!    

Now, the more I'm convinced that I couldn't stay here longer. As soon as my dad is stronger, I'll go back to NY.  I need to avoid this temptation beside me who's torching my soul into flames.

"Hello, beautiful ladies! How was your shopping date?" Santi asked, but he focused his gaze on me.  Gosh, can you please just look at your moms in front of you?  I almost verbalized loudly.  I don't want to melt under his gaze.  

"It was great, Sweetheart! Carla looked amazing on her dress. I can't wait for Gavin to see her.  I bet you he will drool as soon as he sees Carla." Tita Ava said excitedly.  Santi had a serious look on his face. As if he didn't like what his mom said.

"Do you really have to go with Gavin?  Why don't you just come with me, so Gavin doesn't have to go out his way to pick you up?  He lives near the wedding venue anyway." Santi suggested.

"Sweetheart, it won't be a date if Gavin will not pick her up.  Let him spend time with Carla.  He looks smitten with your cousin.  And I like Gavin for Carla, he is a good catch." Tita Ava winked at me. 

"Don't pressure Carla, Ma.  You're putting her on the spot." Santi sounded annoyed.

"You know how I like playing cupid.  Gavin and Carla look good together." Tita Ava said smiling.  Santi continued to frown at his mom.  I heard Tita Lucy clear her throat.

"Why don't we order, Hon?" She motioned for the waiter, and he came to get our orders.  After that, Mama Ava started the conversation again.

"So, how did the meeting go, Hon?"  She asked Tita Lucy sweetly while holding her hand. 

"Frustrating.  We still need one more model for the swimsuit collection for the next issue.  That Primadonna actress backed out on us at the last minute and our photo shoot is already scheduled next week."  Tita Lucy replied irritated.  Then, her gaze focused on me, and I could see a twinkle in her eyes.  It felt like she suddenly came up with a brilliant idea.