Chapter 21 - Late Night Conversation

Him

I decided to go home late. I stayed in a bar with Milo and had a couple of drinks. I spent my afternoon with Haley, shopping for Nate and Ria's wedding gift. To my surprise, I saw Gavin and Carla again in the mall. Seeing them together twice in a row ignited more jealousy on my part. I tried my best to divert my attention towards Haley, but I was unsuccessful. By the end of the day, Haley was exasperated as my mind constantly wandered around. She stated it was like she shopped all by herself. We parted ways with her giving me a cold shoulder. That's when I called Milo and invited him to hang out in the bar. I wanted to get rid of the image of Gavin and Carla together.

It was a hot humid night. As soon as I got home, I changed to my board shorts and went to go for a swim. The moment I stepped out at the covered patio, I was surprised to see Carla again. I intentionally went home late so I wouldn't cross paths with her. I was annoyed at her for entertaining Gavin in such a short period of time. She was just getting out of the pool, and it was like everything turned into slow motion.

She looked like a nymph/goddess with her two-piece hot pink bikini swimsuit. I already saw her before on her tank top and skimpy shorts, but this topped it all. Mama Ava was right; she has a perfect body. She'll be a perfect model for the swimsuit edition of Mommy Lucy's magazine. Suddenly, I remembered her defying my suggestion on not accepting the modeling stint. My annoyance at her came back. She pushed my buttons twice today. Accepting that job and being with Gavin.

Her back was now facing me while she was towel drying her hair. I had a clear view of her perfect bottom and the temperature got hotter. I silently walked towards her, and she screamed the moment she turned and saw me. I motioned for her to keep quiet as I'm afraid she will wake up the whole household.

"Gosh Santi! Are you going to give me a heart attack?"

I smirked at her. I continued looking at her not hiding my admiration and I could tell she got self-conscious. She quickly wrapped the towel around her.

"Oh, why did you hide that gorgeous body of yours? Isn't it you will be modeling those kinds of swimsuits? You'll be wearing that swimsuit and will parade your body. Why the sudden modesty?" I asked her sarcastically.

"Is this another attempt of you persuading me not to accept that modeling stint? Are you doing reverse psychology on me?" I shrugged my shoulders and didn't remove my gaze on her face.

"You were the one who said that, not me." She pouted at my comment then attempted to walk past me. I grabbed her arm and she looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Wait, where are you going?" I asked her.

"I'm done. You can have the pool by yourself."

"Stay. Let's have at least one drink." I pulled her towards one of the patio chairs and made her sit.

"I am tired Santi. I want to go to bed." She complained.

"Then you can lay down on one of the lounge chairs over there. I'll get you some wine and you can relax." I got the bottle of wine from the bar on the patio, poured two wine glasses halfway and gave one to her.

"Come on, we can go to the lounge chair instead so you can stretch your legs." I offered.

"No, we can just stay here." She sighed and placed the wine glass on the side table. I got one of the chairs and sat facing her.

"How was Uncle's therapy?" I asked to start our conversation.

"He did well. He was able to work with the therapist for more than an hour thinking this is just his first day."