Chapter 17 - Breakfast

A/N:

So, we made it to Round 2! I'm actually debating if I'm going to continue with this ONC contest as I'm enjoying Carla and Santi's story, I think I might go beyond 40K words. Already on 32K words including drafts.... We'll see where this story will take us....

Happy Easter Everyone!!! :)

Him

I woke up with a smile on my face. I can't wait to see Carla again. I took a quick shower, fixed myself and went straight to the patio. Our mansion is erected on a 100-acre land. We have a large, covered patio at the back of our house. This is where we usually eat our breakfast while enjoying the view of the lap pool with a hot tub surrounded by palm trees. Beyond the pool, one could see perfectly lined mango trees across the whole land. We have other plantation crops scattered everywhere in the province. So, one would just imagine how busy is our family in handling the hacienda, the plantations, and our other businesses altogether.

"Good morning, beautiful ladies!" I greeted my moms and kissed them both on their cheeks. They are already sitting at the large patio table while enjoying their coffees.

"You seem to be in a good mood today, Sweetheart. Did you wake up on the right side of the bed? I can't recall the last time you gave Mom and me a kiss." Mama Ava teased.

"I just felt recharged. I had a good night's sleep and slept like a baby." I grinned at her. I looked around and didn't see Carla and Uncle. I thought I'm already late, but it seems like they overslept more than me.

"I assume Uncle Amir and Carla are still sleeping? Do you want me to check on them so we can all have our breakfast together?" I asked them. I'm already missing my battle angel's face this morning.

"Oh, they already went for a stroll earlier. Your uncle wanted to show Carla our mango orchard. Seems that girl loves mangoes a lot." Mama Ava chuckled.

"Yes, she does. I was hoping to bring her to the orchard after breakfast. Uncle Amir beat me to it." I replied.

"Don't look so disappointed, Sweetheart. You'll get your chance to show her around later. I could tell you're really fascinated with her. I've never seen you happy like this." Mama Ava looked at me intently. I saw Mommy Lucy smirking at me.

"I'm just being nice, Ma. I want to be a good host." She nodded at my remark. Suddenly, we saw Carla driving the golf cart near the palm trees surrounding the pool. Uncle Amir was sitting beside her.

As soon as she stepped down from the golf cart and I saw her whole form, I was speechless. She was wearing a white floral spaghetti strap mini dress and paired it with nude flat sandals. I could see her perfectly shaped long legs. I stood there motionless and forgot that I was about to help her with Uncle Amir. Uncle still walks slowly and has been using a single point cane since he had the surgery.

"Santi, are you just going to stand there gaping at Carla?" I snapped out upon hearing Mama Ava's voice. I heard a soft chuckle coming from Mommy Lucy.

I hurriedly went towards them and supported Uncle Amir as he walked towards the patio table. Carla followed behind us. As soon as I helped Uncle sit down, I pulled a seat for Carla, and she mouthed thank you with a big smile on her face. I felt my heart flutter. Gosh, I feel like a crazy hormonal teenager! I hope she's not noticing my reaction to her.

"How was your stroll? Did you love the mango orchard?" I asked her as soon as she settled on her seat.

"I loved driving the golf cart around the orchard. This is my first time doing it." She was smiling from ear to ear.