Chapter 4 - Wave of You

Woohoo!!! We've reached the 8K milestone!!! 😊😊😊

As of the end of chapter 4, we already reached 9721 words to be exact!!! 😊

Thanks for taking the time to read Finding Carla. Hope you're enjoying the story so far.

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow or add it in your library or reading list for updates! Have a great weekend! 😊

On a side note, I started adding videos on every chapter for those who's not familiar with the songs I've been mentioning in this story.
I'll start uploading music videos per chapter  to have a feel/mood of the story.
Happy Reading!!!
————————————————————

Him

I intentionally blocked her way. She is always on her phone and doesn't look at where she's going whenever she grabs her drink. It seems she is always busy texting somebody. From what I learned, she's the lead architect of Archer and Associates and she's a very busy woman. The private investigator that I hired was very thorough and even gave me information on all the buildings and restaurants in the city that she has designed. I already checked out most of the establishments she designed and was amazed by her brilliant contemporary eye. She's a very good architect.

As soon as she focused her gaze on me after accidentally bumping into me, I saw the annoyed look on her face. I smiled at her and said,

"Hi Alita! Nice bumping into you again!" A huge smile is plastered on my face.

"Can you please get out of my way?" She said irritated at my presence.

"Hey, you're the one who's walking without looking at where you're going. You're too absorbed with your phone." I pointed at her.

She gave me a dagger look, stepped aside and tried to pass me by without saying a word. She walked hurriedly and got out of the coffee shop as fast as she could.

"Hey Alita, wait up!" I said as I tried to catch up with her. I was able to keep up with her and walked beside her.

She glanced at me annoyingly. I could tell she's not happy with me tagging along but I need to be persistent.

"Can you please stop calling me by that name?!" She said exasperated. I let out a soft chuckle at her remark. She's too cute when she's angry like this.

"Okay then, I'm sorry. I won't call you by that name again, Carla." I tried apologizing to her.

"How did you know my name?" She asked surprised. I pointed to her cup with her name written on it. She just pouted at me and continued walking at a fast pace.

"Can you at least slow down, we're not in a marathon. Don't you want to enjoy a leisurely walk at least in this nice weather?" I said, trying to let her slow down.

She stopped and looked at me. Now, frustration was written all over her face as I continued bugging her. I just want to start fresh. I still don't know how I'm going to drop the bomb about her identity. She's still mad at me and I need to cool things down first before I tell her the truth. I'll do it slowly, baby steps.

"I usually do that, but you already ruined my day so what's the point of enjoying this nice weather? Anyway, what do you want? I don't like anybody tagging along with me. So please, if you can get lost and leave me in peace." She scowled.

"I just want to apologize about last night. I know we started on the wrong foot that's why I wanted to make things right. By the way, I'm Santi." I said and extended my hand to her. She just looked at it and continued walking again. She completely ignored me.